Last week in one of my college classes we had to take a test to find our locus of control.
I had a very high internal locus of control, and it turns out they think this can come into play with our phobia:

Dr. Angela L. Davidson et al. conducted an experiment where it was concluded through various surveys that people suffering from emetophobia are more likely to have an internal locus of control pertaining to their everyday life as well as health related matters. A locus of control is an individual’s perception of where control comes from. Having an internal locus of control means that an individual perceives that they have their own control over a situation whereas an external locus of control means that an individual perceives that some things are out of their control. She explains how this phobia is created through the locus of control by stating, “Thus far, it seems reasonable to stipulate that individuals with a vomiting phobia deem events as being within their control and may therefore find it difficult to relinquish this control during the act of vomiting, thus inducing a phobia.”

I just thought it was kind of neat, especially since I had JUST taken the test and my results fit.

Also, if you want to kinda see what yours is I will post a link to a quiz.

http://cl1.psychtests.com/bin/transf...8MQ==&refempt=