Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Reactions

Default Reactions

I was wondering if anyone gets really snappy if someone tries to talk to you when you have an experience with emetophobia?

Default Re: Reactions

Do you mean if someone tries to talk to you about emetophobia? Or when someone tries to talk to you when you're panicking because of emet?

When someone asks me about my emet, I'm really more than happy to talk about it so that they know why I'm so weird sometimes. I'm all for people learning more about emetophobia, so that maybe more people who are suffering can know that they're not alone. One of my best friends at uni asked me why I was picking things off my boyfriends plate at dinner time and I told her about my emet and that I was afraid those things were going to make him ill, and she told me that she feels the exact same way.

As for if they talk to me while I'm panicking because of emet, I'm usually not really capable of speech at all. I don't usually understand them all that well, and I'm not really able to answer them, even if I know what I want to say to them. I think it's just the way my mind works when I'm panicking, it just shuts down things that aren't necessary.

Yeah, when im suffering from a emetophobia attack, its like im the only one standing there. I become quiet and I dont respond if my friends are talking to me, which makes me feel bad that I ignore them. So, to answer your question, im the opposite of snappy,

no talking for me.......i find a place to be alone......but i think i probably have gotten snappy with people because i'm trying to get away.....if that makes sense....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.