Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hoping to find some relief

Hello everyone!!

I am 26 years old and have been Emetophobia for as long as I can remember.

I am leaving town tomorrow to go to VA (I am in AL) to see my husband. Well my husband came down with the SV on Tuesday and was feeling better by Wednesday. It is now Friday and his dad now has it. I will be staying with his dad and I am terrified of cathing this SV. It has gotten to the point I am even thinking about not going just because I am that scared.

I am scared if I go up there I will catch this SV, and for every night I don't come down with it I will be scared that its going to happen soon.

I KNOW that there is nothing to v** and then when it actually happens it doesn't last long and you usually feel better afterwards. I KNOW that just because so and so gets sick doesn't mean I will. I know all this, but its hard to actually comprehend on it.

I haven't seen my husband since 2/8 (it is now 2/18), so I want to go to see him. But this fewar of catching is totally taken over my body.

Are there any ideas or advice that you can give me to make this go by easier?

Default Re: Hoping to find some relief

welcome to the forum........

that is a tough situation you're in.........your rational mind should be reminding you that the chances are pretty small that you will catch the sv......keep good hygiene.....you will probably even be using a different bathroom than him.....so just disinfect it when you get there and things should be fine.........

i'm sure being with your husband will be a good distraction from the emet thoughts.........go....have fun
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Hoping to find some relief

Well, I went to VA to see my hubby. We ended up not staying at my in laws home, which I was very thankful for. But we did go by and visit. I kept my hands cleaned and was very careful with who I touched, and thankfully - I MADE IT THROUGH.

But now I am having bad cramps right around my intestine area, I dont feel like I have to go do a #2, but I do feel very nauseous, and I am very gassy (yes it is coming out the basement), so I don't know if thats a sign of the SV or not, and FYI I am back in AL.