Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I am SO paranoid!!!

Hi guys, right now I'm kind of terrified. My best friend and I were going to watch a movie, but I had to wait about an hour before I went down to her house because I had to eat dinner. Thank GOD I didn't go down sooner, because I texted her to tell her I would be down in about a half hour and she responded saying that she just got v* sick. I was so happy I didn't come down sooner and was there for her to get sick, but I had just been with her the day before at school and there is an incubation period. Now, I know you can't get the norovirus from just being around someone who has it (but it's been going around my school like CRAZY!!! 2 of my other friends have had it)

I'm still scared though. How did she get it? Could I have it without knowing it yet from the same place she got it? Like the gym locker room? Are there early symptoms that maybe foreshadow that you're going to come down with it? (More bowel movements that usual? B/c that happened the day before I got noro last year) I'm just really afraid that I'm going to get it because I have a college visit tomorrow and I don't want to be 3 hours away from home and then come down with it

This time of year I'm so paranoid about getting the stomach flu I use hand sanitizer like crazy and wash my hands when I get the chance. People look at me like, "wtf are you doing?"

I'm being cautious on what I'm eating today, only eating if I'm hungry and trying to wait as long as I can before I eat, because if I do get sick I don't want to have a lot of nasty to v*, you know? And I already told my friend that her and my sister are not allowed to ride to school with me for like the next two weeks XD Is that mean?

This is my best friend, I've tried to explain to her about my emetophobia, but she basically just said, "Pfft" ugh lol... what should I do!!!
    Last edited by Raid; 02-20-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Default Re: I am SO paranoid!!!

i know it's all so scarey when someone close is sick. just keep your hands clean and away from your face and you should be fine. eat small meals.....not eating can make you feel sick.

try not to worry......we all know that just makes us feel worse.....
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My best friend came down with the sv last week and I was supposed to bring her homework to her after school but I was so paranoid that I made my dad do it for me. I was afraid that I might catch it too even though I hadn't been around her for the two previous days but i was another friend that had slept over with my best friend the day before she got sick. Sound confusing???
    Anyway I was paranoid for nothing, nobody else not sick! Not even her brother. My mom always tells me to calm down. We are exposed to the sv every day and rarely catch it. Don't worry about the looks people give you from the hand washing, I get those too. Get keep your hands clean and away from your face and you will be fine but don't stop eating. First of all it can make you feel sick and second of all if you are going to come down with the bug you will still v* whether there is food in your stomach or not.

Phew! Thanks guys! Last night as I read these I was feeling a lot better about it, but now I'm scared again lol!!

I woke up in the middle of the night last night shaking and shivering really bad, also feeling a bit sick, but I just went back to sleep and woke up feeling alright. I'm staying home from school to work on my senior project which I chose to write a children's novel. Well I lost half of it last night and today so far I've rewritten 3 chapters. It's 1PM now and I've been working since about 9AM. I'm starting to feel nauseous and dizzy right now, I'm hoping it's because of all the words and looking at the computer. I might go take a zofran and take a break. Hopefully it's not noro xD

I could also be feeling sick because of a GIANT chocolate chocolate chip muffin I ate about 10AM But it was delicious. I always feel a little sick after those, but the combination of computer and that it kinda killing me right now. Fingers crossed!