Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Smells

I have not started a post in a while, but I have a strange
    question. I don't know if it has been asked before, but what
    smells or scents turn your stomach? For example, the last time I
    was sick, my nan had made fried pork chops for dinner, and the house
    smelled of fried food. Then after I was sick a couple of times,
    my sister lit a Glade candle in the bathroom. I spent quite a few
    hours on the bathroom floor that night, and the smell of strawberries
    and cream from the lit candle was very strong. Now, when I buy a
    candle at the store, I have to aviod any scent that smells like
    strawberries. And when my nan fries food for dinner, I have to
    close my bedroom door because it reminds me of that horrible
    night. Anyone else have these problems? Carrie

um, not really... dont remember any smells that were around last time i v*ed...

however, smells that are similar to the smell of V*, lke cheese e.t.c does sometimes turn my stomach.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah like parmesan!! The girl I share my office with eats it every day...ugh..how rude!

my mum feeds my dog tripe. The smell of that makes me feel so sick, its horrible

I hate the smell of dogs (lovedogs though) because my nan has like a zilllion of them so it's what her hose smells like and I got food poisining there from something she made. That reminds me, I can'tsmell or eat strawberry flavouredstuff because she poisoned us with strawberry ice cream which she microwaved! (?????????)

The last time I was sick, which was like over 4 years ago, my boyfriend and I had eaten at a particular restaurant that we enjoyed. Nothing about their food made me sick, but I woke up in the middle of the night with a vicious stomach bug. I have only eaten at that restaurant one time since and I can't stand the smell of it. Even when I walk by it on the street, I am reminded of that horrible time when I was sick!

Jess

I hate the smell of Dettol disinfectant (much like Pinesol), as my dadused it to clean up the last time i was sick. I also hate the smell of orange chocolates, which I had once and got sick. That just reminded of another thing i hate the smell of, which is orange sherbet.

Anna

I dislike the smell of refried beans a lot. The night of April 8th, 2004, the night that I got sick, we had that for dinner, and our whole apartment smelled of it. Mythrowup looked andsmelled like italso...
    -Anna

um. I'd say very strong perfumes, body creams/lotions and the this cleaning product cause in school they use that to clean up..things.. Didnt have an actualexperience with them but it makes me feel sick. Like i was in school once and this person was using this strong smelling thing i wanted to gag. Had to get out of there.
    <font color=PINK><center>Believe in Yourself</center></font>

I'm pregnant--the smell of lots of things makes me want to gag!!!! Especially the smell of my husband's feet (seriously, I do gag, and it makes me nervous, what if the smell of his feet actually make me vomit in this condition??)

The smell of pickles makes me gag and retch, seriously!

One day a lady brought in some coin at work (I'm a bank teller) and it was in a pickle jar, I thought "eww pickles" but then I opened the jar and poured the money out into the coin machine, and it was WET and YELLOW, she didn't even wash the jar, just threw the money in there, I retched and went and stood over the trash can thinking that was it, 13 years streak bye bye. I didn't get sick, luckily (still haven't broken my 13 year streak either, knock on wood)

The smell of my husband's poo makes me sick. Seriously. Not even joking. He drops a bomb in the bathroom and it smells the entire house. Then, when he sprays that air freshener crap, which does NOT help by the way, it makes it smell even worse! When the cat or dog poops, it makes me gag too. I have no idea how I will ever be able to change my future children's diapers! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Light a candle...something about the flames helps burn away that smell...though...don't light it too close, from th sounds of things you might blow up the house hehe

Theres a body spray, and impulse one, "Air" maybe? is that one? anyway I sprayed a ton of it when my mum threw up on our living room floor.

Also Onion Rings *gag* Scholl dinner halls *gag* and also lemonade. One time I got sick and my granny made me drink loads while saying "i wonder what made you sick" I then gotsick again and blamed her LOL

Certain Bleaches also
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I can't stand the smell of the Green car air fresheners because it was the first thing I put in my car the night my cousin V'd in my car. then the next thing to go in it was the pink lysol. everytime I smell either one of those things I automatically smell the V too

I don't have any aversions to smells now, but I used to not be able to
    handle the smell of microwaved egg rolls. Last time I was ill with the
    bug, my cousin came over to take care of my son because I had such a
    high fever I was delerious. One of the only things we had in the house
    at the time was microwavable egg rolls, and he made those for me
    because he thought I should eat something. I know he did it to try to
    be sweet, but the smell of them when he brought them upstairs made me
    sick all over again.

LOLOL....some of your guys' stories are cracking me up!!!!!

I hate the smell of dishes with driedketchup on them...in the sink...when you first wake up in the morning!!!!! ICK! I also can't stand that bleach smelling cleaner that restaurants and such, used to wipe tables!!! PEW! That stuff can gag a maggot!

Anyone else find that when you open the microwave (no matter how clean it is) it stinks???I hate that smell too! Oh yeah...ever had an onion in your fridge, and you get up to get a drink?? That about knocks you out eh??

Nothing else really bothers me. I love the smell of pinesol...I use it all the time. Just about any cleaner (except nasty bleach rags) smells good I think!

You guys are still cracking me up!!! LOLOLOL!!!! Charlotte

Spring is here!

yup i hate microwave smell too, heres a tip to get rid of it:

get a microwave proof bowl and half fill it with water. Cut a few slices of fresh lemons and put them in the water. put this in the microwave and heat it till it boils. allow it to boil for a few mins then remove. the steam loosens any dirt that gets cooked onto the microwave, like when sauce bubbles etc, and makes it easy to just wipe off. the lemon makes it smell nice and fresh [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i do this all the time because my mum defrosts the tripe for the dog in our microwave!