Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I've got a bug.

Unhappy I've got a bug.

Not really sure whats going on with me. I woke up this morning, with awful N* in the pit of my stomach. I figured it was nerves, pressed onward and ate a little breakfast before work.
    Once at work, I was dying. Extreme N* and stomach ache, horrible chills and body aches...
    I have no idea what it is. I have continued to have chills and a fever all day...and an awful stomach ache.
    I really am nervous about V*, I can feel the burning and acid in my stomach. I ate some bread, it didnt help in the least bit.
    I need some encouragement to get me through the night, im feeling absolutely awful. And i'm afraid i'll V*.

Default Re: I've got a bug.

Not to be a bother, but i really think this is it.
    Im hyperventilating.
    help me guys please.

have you ever taken dramamine? it helps me just calm down put a cold rag on your head and be still but take some dramamine if you have any! it will be ok

No ive never had that, is it prescription or could i buy it at any store?

ooff this is god awful

you can buy it anywhere it works wonders for me its my secutity blanket

ill have to try that, thank you.

your welcome i hope you feel better

Take care of yourself, rest, sip some water and try to distract yourself. A lot of the time the fear makes us feel more like we'll v* even tho we wont so try watching something that makes you smile or playing a game. When I feel anxious because I feel n* I play solitaire on my phone.

The dramamine could be a good help too or maybe even sucking on a breath mint.

Feel better sweetie.

x

hope your feeling better today. i think usually a sv comes on really quickly and you would have gotten sick earlier in the day......congrats on staying through work even when feeling bad........
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys. I think im feeling a bit better. Havent moved around enough to really tell.
    I have to work in a few hours, feeling kind of nervous about it, i hope i can make it through okay.

I agree take some dramamine and relax. calling in sick if you can might help as you proabbly need to rest. If it is a bug I highly doubt you will v* as I think you would have by now if you were going to. It's probably a touch of somethimg mixed with being nervous and that just equals more n*

REST! feel better hon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dramamine never helps me. Benadryl has saved my life several times.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!

You poor thing!! I had something similar a few days ago and ended up taking 3 days off work so I think you're very brave going into work at all. I like avomine travel sickness which you can get over the counter in the uk and also phenegran which you can buy otc as sominex in the uk. Not sure if you can get them where you are but I think dramamine are the same sort of med as avomine.

Feel better soon.

I hope you feel better soon sweetie How are you feeling now? x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

I was feeling better today. I went to work, made it through and what not.
    My friend and I decided to go to mcdonalds after work....about 2 hours ago.
    About an hour ago i started having terrible stomach pains.
    This is nothing like it was last night, last night was mostly uneasy, gurgling, and nausea. (A flu-y feeling)
    This is HORRIBLE stomach cramps. (Like, cant even stand straight cramps)
    Its not gas, ive had my fair share of gas, and this is gas PLUS something absolutely dying in my stomach.
    Is it possible to get FP from mcdonalds?
    Ive never had it before, so i really dont know what it feels like.
    I got it about an hour or so after i ate, and it is getting worse and worse. MASSIVE pains and cramping a bit of gas and A LOT of bloating.
    I drank gingerale, some tea, hot padded it, I am in so much pain.

I honestly think it was that sandwich, maybe it was bad.
    If this was a SV stomach ache, it would have not come on this horribly strong within an hour.
    How do i make this pain go away? Jesus christ. I cant even sit straight.

How are you feeling now? x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

Today ive been feeling better, thank you for asking

Quote Originally Posted by ccaassiiee View Post
    I was feeling better today. I went to work, made it through and what not.
    My friend and I decided to go to mcdonalds after work....about 2 hours ago.
    About an hour ago i started having terrible stomach pains.
    This is nothing like it was last night, last night was mostly uneasy, gurgling, and nausea. (A flu-y feeling)
    This is HORRIBLE stomach cramps. (Like, cant even stand straight cramps)
    Its not gas, ive had my fair share of gas, and this is gas PLUS something absolutely dying in my stomach.
    Is it possible to get FP from mcdonalds?
    Ive never had it before, so i really dont know what it feels like.
    I got it about an hour or so after i ate, and it is getting worse and worse. MASSIVE pains and cramping a bit of gas and A LOT of bloating.
    I drank gingerale, some tea, hot padded it, I am in so much pain.

I had a bug once and I did everything I could to not v*. I ended up very ill for a looong time because of it. I also had some other virus I got from the handicapped children I voulenteered with... It caused my somach to cramp so bad I wanted to curl in a ball and die. It was awful. Far worse than any other craps I have ever had before. Just awful. It was called shigellosis if you want to google it. It was really bad and lasted almost 5 days.

Oh wow that sounds awful! I'm sorry!
    Mine just lasted all night, and i purged my bowls to get it out, and felt better the next morning. Definitely dont think it was a virus, but painful nonetheless.

On the brightside, if it was a virus, now you can never get it again... Unless that's what I was told.

Hey, sorry to bring up old post
    On a note I think it's very rare that food poisoning would kick in after a few hours, it can take days! Mcdonalds isn't too bad. The food is always cooked at least.

If this occurs often you. Ight have IBS? I get cramps all the time, especially at work and iv managed to work out trigge foods, things I know go stay away from. If it happens again I wouldn't worry
    You did well for coping :-) well done.

I am extremely prone to N*, but i rarely get stomach cramps and D*.
    If it was food poisoning, i think it would have lasted much longer than just all night.
    I think it just majorly disagreed with me.
    I've never looked into IBS, because i never thought it fit me, but ill look into it!
    And thank you

Could be IBS but it could have been fp. Some food P takes days but that's rare most fb cases are within 1-6 hours after eating.

My hubby had a similar thing happen to him once and it was fp but he forced himself to v* which wasn't a good idea...but anyway I also had a similar thing happen when I went to the Keg (steak house) I ate prime rib and about an hour to two later I had HORRID cramps like d* cramps mixed with the worst gas! I was bloated and just felt soooooo sick!

I didn't v* but I had to sleep in my recliner and take dramaine to feel better. My hubby thinks it was a mild case of fb (sever cases would definatly cause d* and v*) but it did ease off after a couple hours.

Sounds like it could have been fb or IBS which I also have and I have had episodes where I'll have similar symptoms to the ones I had that night at the stake house so it is possible that you have developed IBS. For the record Mcdonalds is one of the bst fast food places to eat in terms of freshness and whatnot, but it haas been knwon to be a major trigger for my IBS at times.

Hope you are feeling much better now hon

You could try Mottilium, or if that doesn`t work, try Pepto Bismol.

If you didnt feel good to begin with McDonalds was probably a horrible choice. I cant eat there ever because it makes me feel sick everytime. If you were feeling yucky to begin with the greasy food probably just set it off even more.