Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Flying tomorrow - so scared!

Hi there,

I'm flying to Vegas tomorrow from Winnipeg and am terrified. I have flown a lot in the past but my emetophobia has hit an ultime high in the past few months and I'm so scared to go on the plane.

It is a 3 hour flight which is good. I already picked my seats and I chose row 2 so I can't see what's going on in the plane. Because I usually fly standby, we have usually sat at the back of the plane and I find it makes it worse because you can see what everyone is doing. And obviously, everyone says to just distract yourself but you know you just analyze everyone and what they are doing.

I'm really worried that I will see someone get sick, and then secondly, of course, is if I get sick or feel icky. I'm so terrified and stressed out and I wish I could just be excited for my trip right now!

My boyfriend is coming with me and he is sitting middle seat and I'm sitting window so it blocks it a bit. Ba! Any good ways to make it through a flight without really bad anxiety and watching everyone?

Default Re: Flying tomorrow - so scared!

I usually take my ipod, with that and the engine noise you really can't hear anything around you. I also bring puzzle books, so I have something visual to focus on too. But 3 hours really isn't that long. I survived 10 hour flights last summer!

I flew across the globe (almost 24 hours flying each way) and even though I was in the back on all the flights, not once did I see someone being sick. I always like to remind myself that worrying about it won't change a thing except how I feel.

This makes me feel better. I'm flying to Germany next month, and I'm nervous, too. I hope your Vegas flight goes well! Sending good traveling wishes!
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." - Alice in Wonderland