Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Was this a freak case of Noro?

Okay, so I fell asleep last night as usual feeling pretty good and not suspecting anything at all.

I mean it has been a whole week and couple of days since my mother went through a bad case of the Noro and I was feeling fine with no signs of infection.

Though to myself "No way I can get infected now, it's been a whole week!!!!".

Woke up at 7 AM with bad stomach cramps and some light nausea.

I immediately started wolfing down all the ginger root we had in the house to keep the nausea at bay. In an hour's time, the nausea was severe. I was half-delirious and feeling like V* was inevitable.

Then after about 5 more minutes of this torture, the nausea evaporated with a magic wand. Yep, just like that. Zap. I was pretty surprised, considering the ginger root wasn't really helping and my nausea was getting worse over the hour.

Anyhow, I wasted my whole day in bed and it's about 4 PM now. So many things I should have done today.

The question I have is "Was this the infamous Norovirus that I fought off with ginger?". I mean I'm feeling pretty weak right now, but no fever (99.2 F) at all. Was this some sort of freak case? I have never heard of a virus going away on the very same day. I'm a little shaky but otherwise no other symptom of infection.

Maybe it was just a light case of the Noro? Probably didn't ingest enough of it?

What does everyone think?

Default Re: Was this a freak case of Noro?

My stomach is still feeling a bit shaky.

Should I eat anything today or just wait till tomorrow?

I do have bananas, but I don't know if I can handle them yet.

Hmm. Do you have panic attacks? When I have a panic attack I feel like that. My stomach gets worse and worse then when it gets to the point I feel like I'm going to be sick it will start to subside.

My panic attacks are like a roller coster. The panic climbs and climbs. But then it peaks and then comes down.

I think it sounds like that. Deff. not noro. You would feel much worse.

I would go ahead and have something to eat. If you haven't eaten all day it could be adding to you not feeling well.

that does sound like a panic attack to me. definitley eat something small and see how you feel. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post
    Hmm. Do you have panic attacks? When I have a panic attack I feel like that. My stomach gets worse and worse then when it gets to the point I feel like I'm going to be sick it will start to subside.

My panic attacks are like a roller coster. The panic climbs and climbs. But then it peaks and then comes down.

I think it sounds like that. Deff. not noro. You would feel much worse.

I would go ahead and have something to eat. If you haven't eaten all day it could be adding to you not feeling well.

I doubt it since I woke up with stomach cramps and nausea. That's what made me get up so early.

I'm usually very relaxed after sleep and have never woken up with a panic attack.

Not to mention I'm feeling weak and feverish right now with a bad headache.

Maybe it's not Noro, but some other virus?

Not as severe?

yeah, panicattacks can give you severe nausea. And when you get shit-scared and think your going to v* you can get stomachcramps aswell. I heard that Noro incubationtime is like 2,3 days tops before you get sick. Not a WEEK, I really hope so anyway cos I do not want to go around worrying for a week If I get exposed, ugh =(

This really doesn't sound like noro. And a week is way too long, it could be a simple flu because some people tend to feel extremely nauseated with influenza's, my friend had just "the flu" not a stomach flu and had bad stomach cramping and nausea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by kaiilyn_23 View Post
    This really doesn't sound like noro. And a week is way too long, it could be a simple flu because some people tend to feel extremely nauseated with influenza's, my friend had just "the flu" not a stomach flu and had bad stomach cramping and nausea.
    Nausea isn't actually a symptom of influenza. Influenza attacks the lungs and respiratory system. It does however produce a lot of mucus and post nasal drip, so if somebody has a weak stomach they may feel ill from that. Vomiting from influenza generally occurs in children because of that weaker stomach. 15% of people on Tamiflu vomit, so I'd say most of the actual tummy illness associated with the influenza virus is actually caused by their medication.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

It could be IBS. Or something like it... I wake up very early with stomach cramps all the time. The cramps usually make me feel very queezy. But then again I always feel queezy

Did you have d*? It sounds like it could have been a number of things, whether you slept on your stomach or ate something heavy/didn't agree with you before bed or even had indigestion/gas. How are you feeling now
    Susie

with norovirus, referred to as the 24 hour bug, you are feeling better within a day. but your bowel habits may not return back to normal for quite a few days. i think your digestive track was just irritated, no biggie

I disagree with others, this could definitely be noro. I had very similar symptoms 1-2 days after a family get together where a baby was sick. My boyfriend also felt that way. I was nauseated, crampy, and sipped ginger tea all day and did acupressure/puncture. That was it. I thought it was IBS from a different kind of food I ate. Later found out that every single person at that family get together also got sick. Go figure. I don't think I was as exposed as others, so I had a milder case. Plus, ginger works wonders!

well whatever it was you won't v* now that you can be assured. I doubt it was noro because I've never heard of it being that mild but who knows, there is always the question about how much of the virus you ingest of course. Try to relax though you will be fine bare in mind that it could have bene a panic attack. I remember my first panic attack that actually woke me up from a peaceful sleep and I was riddled with n* and soooo panicky and then like you said all of the sudden gone! I was left much like you feel weak, shaky even feverish just because of the extream stres your body goes throuhg.

Just know you will be fine