Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Who’s had it this year?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

5 13.16%
  • no

33 86.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img] Edited by: mak79007

I dont know that it has "hit" my area yet. I have kids and feel DOOMED that I WILL get it. I think us emets have a unique way of suppressing the v* reflex...

I haven't had a stomach bug in over 15 years.
    It\'s all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

Last week I felt rather queasy, but no v**ing or diarrhea. (don't know if anyone considers that a stomach flu) But I get a bug likethat about once a year, so it comforts me to know that it probably won't be any worse than feeling queasy. I suppose that I have always felt better about getting bugs because my family doesn't have a tendency to v**t. My mum and dad probably haven't puked for about 40 years, and the only reason my brother pukes is from getting drunk.

Anna

Please give me tips on how to avoid it! My kids do have a tendency to v***t so is there a remote possibility of avoiding it?

Not me, but I am ready if it comes!!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

Maddisonsmom, I've heard that if your child frequently v*'s, it not usually because of a stomach thing, its because kids tend to suck back their nose crap lol and their little stomachs cannot take much, and that's why they v* alot. Maybe that'll help.

I had a bug over the weekend. My first one in over 10 years, i thought maybe i was lucky and just didnt v.. when ill, but i was wrong. Does any one know if you can get the same bug twice?

In some cases you can get another stomache bug because there are many strains of the bug. doubtfull you will get the same strain again though usually about 14 weeks. So I've read.

14 weeks! few! hopefully i will find my miracle cure for v... by then.[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Thanx terifiedgirl!!

Charzybebe,

Is that book helping you think different?

Sweetfreak,

Do you have children? Just wondering because you have not had the bug for about 15 yrs. What is your secret. Please let me know!

had it twice

I had diarrhea and stomach cramps last week, but I think these had more to do with my medicine than any kind of virus.

Last time I had the stomach flu was when I was five years old, and even then Ionly had a little acid indigestion. I haven'tv****ed since I overate when I was three. I'd like to believe that I have an extra-strong immune system, but somehow I manage to pick up every cold I encounter.