Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Anti Anxiety Meds

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is taking or knows of the anti anxiety medication called Lexapro? I've been so far treating my emetophobia with regular visits to the psychiatrist but my doctor prescribed me this today as she says it will be beneficial to my psych treatment because it wil reduce my nervousness and help me participate and get the most out of trearment. She did say that this pill can make you feel sick for the first week or so that you take it (based on what other people who've taken it have said.) So naturally I'm freaking out. Was hoping someone who has taken something similar could talk about their experience with anti-anxiety meds if possible. Please

Default Re: Anti Anxiety Meds

Im on lexapro, and it did make me nauseous for the first three days or so, im not going to lie. It wont make you vomit though. It hasnt been the best pill for me, but your doc obviously feels that its going to work for you. Take it, maybe before bed so you can sleep through the nausea, and wake up feeling okay :-) thats what i often do.

Default Re: Anti Anxiety Meds

I took Lexapro for quite a while and never had a problem with nausea. In fact, my GI symptoms got much better on the medicine. I got off of it because it was affecting my libido (which many SSRI meds can do). I am on Zoloft now, which can also make you nauseated. If I take it with food, I'm fine. I hope Lexapro helps you!