Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I don't want to leave the house!

Everyone on facebook is talking about their kids being s*. My poor friend just had a baby and she had it. One of my husband's coworker's daughter had it. He even had a picture of the poor girl after she v* on herself in the car posted on his facebook. Which I think was kinda cruel. Now I don't want to go anywhere. I thought we were getting to the end of sv season but it seems to be really bad right now!! And everyone is talking about how it's "going around" Ahhhhhhh! I don't want to turn into a hermit!! But it makes me want to stay at home and cuddle up in bed with my bottle of hand sanitizer! Lol

Default Re: I don't want to leave the house!

This is when it hit last year for us. My daughter had it last March 1st...coming up soon...yikes. But then it seems to mostly pass by Mid March. Or who knows from what i have been hearing its always going around...But im not sure doing the hermit thing keeps us any safer, so i try to go out and put it in the back of my head until it happens, or im working on that part.

I know how you feel I have been avoiding going to church the last couple of weeks because it seems like everytime I go I hear about some kid who v*. I hate being stuck at home with this fear......

Quote Originally Posted by zipity View Post
    One of my husband's coworker's daughter had it. He even had a picture of the poor girl after she v* on herself in the car posted on his facebook. Which I think was kinda cruel.

That's horrifying (and, yes, cruel!) That kid's gonna grow up to be an emet! Who would do that to their daughter? By the way, I know how you feel. I just want to lock the doors and tell everyone that I love them but I'll just see them this summer. Ugh.

I know. I try to put it in the back of my mind too. I really don't have a choice but to leave the hous. My family needs to eat and I'm the grocery shopper! I just freak out when I hear people talking about it. Even if I don't come in contact with these people, I still panic.