Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Smile Important ibs info! Must read !

Hey... I recently JUST came across this article on an IBS website. It would be REALLY good to look into this... But it's something called a bacterial overgrowth, apparently a test was done, and 202 people who were diagnosed with IBS took a test, 157 of them (78%) only had THIS an not IBS... The symptoms are similiar, and alot of the time it is mistaken, the beauty of it is... It's treatable, MORE so than IBS. Just look into it, i'm going too

Here's the link
    http://altmedicine.about.com/od/heal...overgrowth.htm

The first 5 paragraphs are all about people being told they have IBS when they only had this. A key in it is, people who have IBS should NEVER have been woken up from an urge of dhiarea, THIS does though. I got that bad one time once. Actually woke me up, I HAD to go bad :S
    Also, it causes weight loss, depression and a bunch of stuff... So if you treat it, not only with you feel healthier again. But a little happier again too
    Just keep an open mind. I just wanted to share this with you.

Default Re: Important ibs info! Must read !

About the waking up with diarrhoea, one time doesn't really count. As anyone can have that happen. Even my perfectly healthy boyfriend got woke up with diarrhoea when he ate something dodgy. But you shouldn't get it regularly, or unintentionally lose weight with IBS (meaning you're eating the same amount of food, but still losing weight).