Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been hearing people tlak about the stomach virus and that when you get it you v for one two days....im 16 the last time i v'd i was 12 and i only did once.....the last time before that i was probably 9 or 10 and again only once the time before that i was probably 4 or 5 and it happened three times...thats is the last i can remmeber...im starting to think that i have never had a true stomach virus and if i have im just really lucky maybe....???? I was just wondering if anyone knew about the factors that cause the amount of times you v in an illness

thats a tough one. i think it depends on the person, like a friend of mine had a bug his family had, but he had it a lot worse. cant be sure though

It has been different each time I have had it. I have not had it many times either. I can remember just a few times. One time about a year and a half ago, I woke up about 4am with diarrhea. I felt fine but was just REAL tired. Then about 4 hours later v* started. I v*ed every 2 hours like clockwork for about 12 hours. I had one go around my house in July of last year and my husband (poor thing) v* SO much. I thought this is great...my son v* 2 times, my 5 month old at the time had a few bouts of diarrhea and v* a little 2 times and I had bad stomach cramps and diarrhea for afew hours. No v*! I hate these things....THEY SUCK!

I think it's the bug itsself as well as each person's make up, my mom had it, she v'ed twice, but had severe diarrhea, my friend Amanda had it, and v'ed so many times she lost count, her 5 yr. old had it and v'ed quite a few times, but not as much as her mom, my sister had it and only v'ed twice, then my other sister caught it and spent the night sleeping on the bathroom floor!!

When I was younger and would get a bug, I would *v* multiple times. Since I have gotten older, I don't *v* quite that much. But, after I *v* once or twice, I call the doctor to go get a shot of Phenergan, which makes me stop completely. So, now I don't let it get to the point where I am *v* continuously.

I agree with the above post. I think it depends on how violent the virus is as well as how the person's body responds. I had a bug in 1998 and I only *v* one time but felt horrible for about 24 hours.

when i was four i remember throwing up every 15 minutes at night, all night. now whenever i get it (which is NOT often at all) I throw up 2 times and I am done. I hope I didnt just jinxx myself by saying that...I hope I never go through a whole night of madness like other people...