Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Someone ill in public loo

I was out in town yesterday with my mum, and ATE lunch out, yes, in a resturante! I've been getting really good lately, and then I gave blood as well! Just before we were ready to leave I popped to the loo cause I'd drunk 3 pints of fluids for the blood donation and it really couldn't wait, then someone came in and started being ill! I was in the middle of washing my hands and just ran out, it's horrible how hearing it just striked fear into me since I haven't been afraid for so long, but fingers crossed I'm fine and I hope sharing my experience helps others to not worry so much, since I was in such a close proximity to the offender lol.
    I'm guilty of being innocent
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Someone ill in public loo

I totally understand! Just yesterday I was in the school bathroom having a panic attack when these girls came in. One of them said she was feeling sick and said that she was going to make herself throw up to get it over with. I basically bolted and I felt kind of lame afterwards, but then again, toilets are where people puke. I'm just really hoping I can get over at some point. Ugh.

Im sure you will be fine, if you think about it nobody would go give blood if they were ill with a virus (would they???) it could have been giving blood made them n and woozy enough to v.

Oh no these toilets were outside the blood doning centre lol, but they didn;t rush in or anything, if I heard someone rushing in, I would of rushed out, but they just waltzed on in quite normally, but I'm quite fine I was just a bit shocked and upset from having to hear it, don't worry Copeland, I would have done the same, and I did do the same haha!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i dont EVER use public restrooms just because of this fear...unless its a one stall, with a locking door, I hold it! and even then, im scared someone will try to open the door, not be able to get in, and v* outside of the door....idk...im very cautious like that....but, when i was working at a bar, some one v* in the urinal...i went in there to check my make up and ran out, nearly in tears...you would think people would have the decency to tell someone on the bar staff that they were s* in the urinal...but who really knows anymore...
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I'm always quite nervous about public toilets now after the same thing happened to me. I was ON the toilet and someone starting V*ing into the stall next to mine! I didn't flush, didn't wash my hands (that's saying a lot) and just BOLTED out. Take your mind off it and try not to think about it, it does not happen often and you will not catch it from them, if it is contagious
    Susie

What i always try to remeber is that "normal people" throw up for many, many different reasons not just viruses, migraine, side effect of medication, a dodgy sandwich at lunchtime. My ex mother in law used to stick her fingers down her throat if she felt her "dinner wasnt sitting right" imagine any of us doing that???

I can only remember a couple of occasions where I was in the bathroom and someone came in and V. Two were before I had this phobia, so it wasn't such a big deal. I've seen people run to the bathroom about to V and I stay away.
    Once i went to the bathroom in a stall where someone must have recently V, because of the smell. It made my heart beat really fast but I finished going to the toilet anyway. But it really disturbed me.
    Almost all the times I've seen people V, it has not been in the bathroom.

Haha I always try to to avoid public loos, but with 3 pints of liquid in me I was bursting, it was risk the bathroom or risk wetting myself, and I've never had that happen to me before, I use to clean loos, not one bit of sick in sight, life's a funny thing, and becca I wouldn't dream of sticking ym fingers down my throat for any reason lol!
    After I cam out the loo my mum helped me feel better by suggesting every other thing that it could of been apart from a virus, but that was 2 days ago now and I'm fine (touch wood)

Could have been morning sickness or self induced. At my high school there were a group of about six girls who were bulimic and everyone knew not to use the restroom in the luch room cause it stunk so bad from them making themselves sick after eating. I have no fricking clue how people can feel good making themselves sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Natiebear View Post
    Could have been morning sickness or self induced. At my high school there were a group of about six girls who were bulimic and everyone knew not to use the restroom in the luch room cause it stunk so bad from them making themselves sick after eating. I have no fricking clue how people can feel good making themselves sick.
    Oh my gosh.. that's absolutely disgusting.. ugh

I remember once in PreK (haha it was a long time ago yet I still remember all the details..) I was in the bathroom. I had started to wash my hands when a teacher came running in then got sick in the toilet.. she was pregnant and was just feeling sick from that but I didn't know that then. Anyway, I didn't even finish washing my hands, I just ran out. Weird to know that I had this phobia when I was that young.

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213 View Post
    i dont EVER use public restrooms just because of this fear...unless its a one stall, with a locking door, I hold it! and even then, im scared someone will try to open the door, not be able to get in, and v* outside of the door....idk...im very cautious like that....but, when i was working at a bar, some one v* in the urinal...i went in there to check my make up and ran out, nearly in tears...you would think people would have the decency to tell someone on the bar staff that they were s* in the urinal...but who really knows anymore...
    I am the same exact way even afraid someone will v* outside the door of the restroom because they can't get in there. I would be locked in there until someone comes and cleans it up.

They probably either a) felt woozy from donating blood (some people get very dizzy and some people also get sick easily) or b) have some kind medication/eating disorder. That doesn't sound like a virus. I'm sure you're fine.

I've had a bad experience with someone getting sick in the bathroom.

I was at a bowling ally with my parents and boyfriend and we were going "midnight bowling" (where they have black lights and music and fog machines) It was fun until I noticed my parents drinking alcohol. I really don't like it when people drink from fear of them getting sick.
    Anyways.. I was getting paranoid the whole night and I went to the bathroom to check my make up. All was ok and the bathroom was empty. I left and continued to bowl. A little while later, I had to go to the bathroom. I walked to the bathroom and opened the door(I wasn't even in the bathroom yet) and I smelled something horrid. I couldn't figure out what It was till I looked down. I was standing in someones v*!! I freaked out and almost slipped in it. I didn't see it when I was walking there, but there was a whole bunch of it. It was mostly outside of the bathroom too!

My heart was racing and I couldn't calm down. I went back to my boyfriend and told him. He know something was wrong since I was acting weird. When I told my parents, they told the bowling ally staff that someone got sick in the bathroom.

I was soo scared the rest of the night that I was ruining my parents fun. They got really mad at me for being scared and told my boyfriend that it would've been a better night if I didn't come. It hurt me alot. I couldn't help it that I was scared! There was so many drunk people at the bowling ally too. There was this drunk homeless guy that almost fell on me when I was walking out of the bowling ally. That scared me to death too! I thought he was going to v* on me! I just wanted to leave!!

My parents don't understand and I don't think any non-phobic will undetstand.
    Being in that situation is scary and it shouldn't happen to anyone.

(sorry for a long post!)

As a kid once I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. We had a 2 bathroom 1 bath house at the time. My dad walks in, turns off the heater and then walks over to the toilet and starts hurling. I bolted out of that bathroom like speedy gonzalez.

Omg if that was my dad I would of kicked his arse! JustHannah I am the same! I hate going out clubing or evening meals, anywhere where people will be drinking, I'm always afraid they'll be ill, I hate it when we have bbq and things in the summer as well, I have a 3 hour bath just so the guests can't use the upstairs toilet and it's remains a vomit free zone lol!

I once walked into a diner thingy toilet, and saw some vomit.
    I was about seven (Before my emet.) I just walked out and used another one!(;

Lol! Gosh you would of thought people can at least flush their waste, I would of ran out!