Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New Website

You may have noticed the site has changed a lot today. I thought it was long overdue that the site was upgraded. So here you are!

The old forums are still available by clicking HOME then OLD FORUMS on the left, the old forums are made available only for reference.

There is still a lot to do but its looking good so far!
    IES Admin

Well its looking really nice!! Are you going to add other sections to the board? When did you change the site?

The site was finally switched over today, but there is still a lot more to do. Like adding the categories to the Forums.
    IES Admin

its very nice [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

thnks xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ooo new sections!!

Wow! Kudos to the site! It looks lovely, butI must say I can get lost quickly around here! Going to take some time to get used too, but nevertheless,great work!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"His message was love.\"
    -Passion of the Christ

I've just about workedout how to use the site!!

I'm getting there slowly, LOVE being able to have Gillian in My avatar thing (seriously not obsessed i promise LOL)
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

aha I wondered who that was. My avarter has gone, hmm not sure why

Thanks John for all your hard work!!!!!
    Debbie

This is so cool. Miss the old site but love the updates![img]smileys/smilies_13.gif[/img]
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]wow!! everythings so different!!! it looks fab though!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Fae Kat!!! =sweetie darling luvvie mwah mwah mwah=

\"Nay faith, let me not play a woman, I have a beard coming.\" Flute, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Shakespeare

!!$H!nY hApPy K!tTy!! =^..^=

John,

I have to say again....the site makeover looks AMAZING!! I'm in awe at all the different options we have here! LOL!! This is SOOO great!! Thanks for making our home look so prettyfull!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Thanks, John (sorry, it took me a couple of tries to find this thread even)!

The gang will probably be sad about the "stars" though. And do you still want me to moderate? I'm happy to do whatever I can to help here.

Great to see the stories section back...so far I can't find the general information that I send everybody to and tell them to print out. I'm wondering if you and I can develop something in PDF format that's a document (with proper cited references) that people can print out and give to their therapists or family members - really good, scientific information about emetophobia. I don't even mind writing it - I could submit some bits of my book/current research.

Also - you could include my story "CURED OF EMETOPHOBIA" somewhere else besides way down in the stories section - either make it sticky there, or put it on some information page. So many people ask for this story and it takes me 100 years to explain how to go find it. I also have a piece on how to choose a psychotherapist - what to look for, what to ask, qualifications, etc. I get dozens of requests for this, too. And Margarets' exposure therapy site, plus my info about EMDR were sticky on the last website cuz of all the requests.

Email me when your work on the site settles down a bit, and maybe we'll talk about how all this stuff can best go together. It will be a wonderful resource. I'm a little concerned that my contribution on the board may have to diminish if I become a registered psychologist (once my Ph.D. is finished). I may no longer be able to give out "advice" (on the internet), but I don't know for sure yet. At any rate, a good page with excellent resources on treatment, hopeful stories, ways to get therapy, good links, etc. would be great.Then I could still send people to those pages.

You're just the greatest, John! As a said before - what a wonderful humanitarian legacy!Edited by: sage
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Nice work! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

i love the new site! it's so cool! i'm having fun trying to figure out everything. [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

This site is a big improvement on the last, except this one seems a little more complicated [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

I know that you still are working on the site but I can i request that you bring back the film list board. It has helped so many of us go to the cinima and not be worried about whats going to happen!!