Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Peanut Butter / Hazelnut Recall

Just wanted to share this with you all, just to be safe. It's highly unlikely you have any of the effected products.
    Excerpts from http://www.wmur.com/health/27089878/detail.html

The following recalls have been announced:

Some 16.3-ounce plastic jars of Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter Spread and Skippy Reduced Fat Super Chunk Peanut Butter Spread, which may be contaminated with salmonella.

The jars were sent to stores in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin. The affected jars have UPC numbers 048001006812 and 048001006782 and have "best if used by" dates of MAY1612LR1, MAY1712LR1, MAY1812LR1, MAY1912LR1, MAY2012LR1, and MAY2112LR1.
    Details: by phone at 800-453-3432

Bulk and packaged hazelnut and mixed-nut products containing hazelnuts from DeFranco and Sons of Los Angeles that may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria. Tthe company says that so far no E. coli has been found in the nuts. The nuts were distributed nationwide and in Canada from Nov. 2 to Dec. 22, 2010.
    Details: online at http://tinyurl.com/6zz3wjk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Peanut Butter / Hazelnut Recall

Pfft. Who eats reduced fat peanut butter? lol
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Quote Originally Posted by wargerbil View Post
    HEHHE not i, i love me some fattening peanut butter.
    thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by wargerbil View Post
    I don't eat it either, peanuts make me dead

You may find these links helpful!

I had to check when I got home. I have Skippy "Natural" Creamy, not Low Fat! PHEW!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

That's weird. Some batches of peanut butter in the UK (not the same brand as in US) were contaminated with salmonella a while back. I wonder how salmonella gets in peanut butter?!

My neighbor got sick from it here in IL.

Anybody know if the hazelnut recall would effect Nutella? I'm pretty sure they're in Canada...
    "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

I eat Peanut Butter everyday! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog