Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Wink Dan from France !

Hi everyone , i'm dan , a boy from France .
    My english isn't very good , so please forgive me .(..?)

In france , we have a website like this one for people who have emetophobia too , so i had a quick look on internet too see other emetophobian? emetophob's ? around the world .

Anyway , I've always had the fear to vomit (be sick? throw up?) but i was a kid and didn't really think about it .. In 2008 , in march , i don't know why i started to feel very bad , always scared to feel sick , alway's panicked .
    It got worse and worse every day .. i lost weight ... 68 kg => 53 kg , i became very fine (slim?) , i stopped work , i split up with my girlfriend ( after 4 year's together , i stopped seeing my friends , i went to the hospital loads of times because i just could not stand up anymore , i was to week .. i sore a few psychologist but never took stuff to feel better ( sorry i can't find the word .. you know , you take them with a glass when you're sick '' ) .
    In 2010 , in summer , i still had that terrible fear .. alway's thinking about my self and nothing else but being careful to everything i eat and touched , and my big brother killed himself , suicide . He was with me everyday and i didn't even realize that i needed help ... That day i understood that to ''vomit'' is nothing , there is so much worse .. Since he died , i started a new life , new girlfriend , i eat like everyone ..53 ===> 64 today .. I work , i got to the restaurant , cinema , party with my friend's , i get drunk .. I live my life the right way ... Just to say , that you only need to realize too ..

I really hope you're all gonna make it out of this ''fear'' .
    ( and i hope you understood this post because it was hard work for me !! )

Good luck everyone !

Dan .

Default Re: Dan from France !

Dan, your English is VERY good!

So sorry to hear about your brother, that must have been awful! Hearing something like that always puts things in perspective. It's good to hear that life is a lot more positive for you now!! You sound really happy and excited about your future

Thanks for posting!
    Elizabeth