Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation My mom has SV*!!!

She is in another state on vacation until tomorrow and she called me telling me she got SV* Right now im shaking and crying my eyes out im so scared for her to come home. I feel so doomed. Im not ready..I thought i was getting better about this whole fear because i feel more in control but now im so lost. I cant do this..

I know im going to get it because i catch everything from my mom because we have to be around each other all day..

Default Re: My mom has SV*!!!

That sounds very stressful.
    The best thing you can do is be prepared to keep things as clean as possible. I'm assuming she'll be tired from her trip back anyway and you can probably convince her to rest up and maybe not run around the house for a day or two. Do you share a bathroom?
    You aren't doomed, trust me, we've all been in this situation and it's just about cleanliness and taking care of you ! Get plenty of rest and just be mindful of washing your hands and keeping surfaces clean. I find the easiest ones to forget are faucets and door knobs--so start with those.
    Most of all stay calm. She may not have a virus at all, and if she does, at least she hasn't been s* in the house!

Default Re: My mom has SV*!!!

Since she didn't actually get sick in the house, you'll probably be fine. Tell her to wash her hands with soap after she comes home. Don't let her prepare food for several days. Ask her to wash her hands more often and more carefully. Bleach the doorknobs, faucets, fridge handles, and lightswitches. Also don't touch food without washing your hands.