Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Animals and/or Humans?

I fear v* as much as any other emetophobic, but does animal v* scare you?

For me, I can hear animals get sick without a panic attack. I can also clean it up and move on with my life. I think it's because they can't help it and don't know any better.
    but I can not stand human v*. Obviously.

Which scares you more? Human v* or animal v* or both the same?

Default Re: Animals and/or Humans?

My dog v*'s and I'm fine with it. If anything I want him to cuddle with my after becaus I feel bad for him. So I'm not scared of animal v*. Just people v*. I wonder why that is?

I think we fear human v* more than animals because humans have more of an ability to betray you. Like if a person knew you had emet and they v*ed anyways, whereas a dog is more clueless and doesn't know any better. The human is more likely to be disrespectful to your phobia than an animal. That's what i'm thinking at least.

But sometimes people can't help vomiting, they can't stop themselves vomiting just because you're afraid of it, especially if they don't have a problem with it. I can understand being angry if they did it right in front of you, but honestly, it's not something that people can just stop doing at will, especially if they're ill with a virus or something. If someone is ill enough to vomit, then they're not going to be thinking about your phobia, really...

I'm not sure why. I just think because we consider animals "safe". whatever reason they are sick, we can't get.

Hmm, I'm not sure why either. I'm not afraid of catching anything anymore, but hearing or seeing a human do it still turns my stomach. Animals don't bother me at all. If anything, I just feel bad that they didn't feel well. Granted, I'm exposed to animal vomit all the time, since I'm a dog groomer. Not a day goes by I'm not peed on, pooped on, or vomited on lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Animal sick is no problem for me and i know its bcause i cant catch anything from it, i just cant stand it when my cats bring up fur balls, i find that gross but not in an emet way, i find it gross as in a little kid with a very snotty nose way, yuck!!!!!