Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Why in the winter?

Why is noro so bad in the winter? I post alot guys, I'm sorry

Default Re: Why in the winter?

The air is dry, fresh air isn't circulating as much, people are stuck inside more.
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.

Viruses thrive in areas with lower humidity. As well people are inside together more, instead of outside so there's more chance of spreading it. So it snowballs during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by person54321 View Post
    Viruses thrive in areas with lower humidity. As well people are inside together more, instead of outside so there's more chance of spreading it. So it snowballs during the winter.
    I didn't know the noro thrives in lower humidity..... this really makes me want to move the Florida. There's high humidity there, right? And i doubt they really experience winter much down there!

I used to live in Florida! Only had an SV* once while living there... While I've been in NC I'm on my second round.

That's also because people are outside more. I'm fairly certain there are lower rates of noro in places where people are outside more, regardless of temp or humidity. I lived in CO for 12 years and only got it when I was a kid. Everyone there hikes and skis a lot. None of my friends, parents of friends, or my own parents have had it since moving to there. And none of them worry about it. Yay for active outdoorsy people!

Hm, this inspires me to want to move somewhere warm, southern, and outdoorsy!
    Right now i'm in northern Michigan, where it's really snowy and cold.... and people all around me are getting the noro

Quote Originally Posted by aurora0917 View Post
    I didn't know the noro thrives in lower humidity..... this really makes me want to move the Florida. There's high humidity there, right? And i doubt they really experience winter much down there!
    LOL i live in florida and noro is goin around the schools like crazy rite now and yes we do get a winter not bad but we get one we just had a cold front come threw about a week ago that took away the humidity and thats when the bugstarted going around like crazy also keep in mind wwe get people commin here from other states to get away from the cold and they bring there germs with them

*sighs*
    I guess we can't be 100% safe anywhere. Not even Florida .

Nowhere in the world is totally safe. Sorry. But I would imagine warm climates have fewer outbreaks since people aren't in close confined spaces as frequently.

Just when I thought that it was over, I read on the news that 2 hospitals in Essex have had to close due to noro.