Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What is the "Best Anti Nausea" medicine?

What is the best medicine to get rid of that awful "V" feeling. What works really fast for you?

Ive only tried Pepto-Bismol and I can say it does it's job. Works pretty fast.

But I want to keep a stock in my house of anti-nausea medicines. So I was wondering which one is the very best?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: What is the "Best Anti Nausea" medicine?

Ginger root pills. I love them
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

dramamine works for me!!!

Ginger is AMAZING. I have these chewy ginger candies that taste spectacular and they make the nausea completely disappear in under five minutes. I also have ginger pills, but they take longer to take effect. I think the candies are called Reed's Ginger Chews or something. They are super tasty and they work great. Better than anything I've ever tried. Ginger is a miracle cure for tummies.

Reed's makes them, but there is also a company called "The Ginger People" that makes all kinds of ginger products.

Sadly for me, most things I use no longer work as well as they used to. Pepto used to work wonders (Pepto, God, and menthol cough drops were what got me through Basic Training), but if your nauseous due to anxiety, it's little more than a placebo. Maybe it's a good thing though: I'm starting to be able to tell the difference between anxious nausea and the real deal. Unfortunately, I haven't really ever been good at controlling anxiety.

I personally find that any type of Ginger pills or candies really help. Instead of the traditional Gravol that sends you to sleep, I take the organic Ginger stuff that's chewable, and it helps SO much, to be honest way more than the normal Gravol stuff, all that does is knock me out and when I wake up I still feel ill, whether I'm anxious or not. Pepto never works for me for nausea, but it ALWAYS works if I have indigestion, ALWAYS lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I have a stash of Maxalon, it os only on script, but I have found it does not always stop the V. Let me know if you find something that works, and maybe something that is safe for children

ZOFRAN its my best friend you can only get it threw a perscription thou my son pukes when he gets strep so i always have some on hand but I have used it on my kids when they have a stomach bug stops the v in two min

motilium and buccastem and pepto - but pepto can give you constipation so thats not cool

Ematrol!! i think thats what its called..........

I know I answered, but I wanted to elaborate.

Zofran is the Cadillac of anti-nausea drugs. It is the strongest one there is. It can overcome ipecac in almost everyone it's so strong. However, it's the kind of thing you don't want to rely on. You should only take it if you're really sick, not to make you feel less anxious.

For an every day sort of thing, ginger is unbelievable. They give it to cancer patients and many cancer patients said ginger pills helped with nausea more than many of the prescriptions they tried. It also works extremely fast, and feels like it's coating your stomach in warm comforting non-nausea. Plus, it's cheap and available without a prescription. I had a hangover like none other v* every hour or so (not to scare people out of drinking, I knew I had too much) and nothing helped. Then I ate some crystallized ginger candy, and I was able to move for the first time all day and didn't v* again. A huge added bonus too is it's just a spice/root, and not a heavy-duty drug, so it can be taken repeatedly without problem.
    Last edited by person54321; 03-14-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Where can these Ginger candies be bought at? Can you get them at regular grocery stores?