Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Juliet, you started a great topic.....the handwashing, purell or other hand cleaners, the watching that others are OK, asking those who are not, how they are doing every five seconds, avoiding those who have been sick,looking at the ground and stains on the carpet,and flushing with the foot.(these are just some thatI noticed that are common among us.)

We definitely all share some rituals or strange behaviors. Thank God that we are not alone.

I keep thinking about the foot flushing. I don't want to start another paranoia, but someone told me that when flushing (especially with those high power flusher toilets, that droplets from the power flush become air borne[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]OH YUK!!! If no one is in the bathroom, I just pee and run. If I must flush, I put my shirt over my nose and mouth, flush and RUN.Think of all those droplets on the walls of those stalls[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img][img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

Having to go to a public restroom (ha ...who could rest in a room such as this) is absolute torture to me - especially when it is your child that inevitably has to visit the "rest" room. I am always awaiting with the hand cleaner.

Let's see if we can close our nose, eyes, mouth, and ears, foot flush and run at the same time.

We will all be OK. It is just terrible that we have this interuption of life.

Peace and Blessings

Susan

Oh yes, when my children have to use a public toilet, I don't let them flush, and I open the door and turn them away from the toilet as I flush it--with my foot!!

Yeah, I always flush it with my foot (once i ended up doing a high kick to push a teeny button on the wall) and stand WAY back while I'm flushing!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Oh crap never thought of that, haven't been splashed on but will turn to make sure my face is not in the direction of the toilet. Balance is the key word!

oh, i seen a programme on tv about germs around the toilet. it was on in ireland and britain too i think. Its something i really wish i didnt see! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

What did it say, now I have to know!!

I do the foot flush. I hate restrooms!

i WILL NOT go in public restrooms...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I only go to public restrooms in absolute emergencies. I usually always have to at school since I'm there for hours at a time, and it's inevitable... but I always foot flush and turn away as soon as I do. I always worry about stuff splashing in my face or what not, and wondering who was in there before me and if they were sick....