Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey everybody!

The December 6, 2004 Issue of U.S. News & World Report has an interesting article about phobias entitled 'Conquering Our Phobias'!! (Emet is not mentioned but specific phobias are.) My dad saw it in the dentist's office and swiped it for me...hehe.

Anyway, I don't know if there is any way to get access to the article online, but I went to the magazine website and found only a teenyarticle preview and basic information about the article,which I have included below. There is also a link to the website at the end of my post in case any of you want to purchase thearticle or magazineoranything. I am going to do my best to try to get the article on here for all of us to read. I might have to scan it or something, I'll have to figurethat partout...but until then:

You may purchase any of the archive records below:
    Title: Conquering Our Phobias
    Highlight: The biological underpinnings of paralyzing fears
    Author(s): Marianne Szegedy-Maszak
    Citation: December 6, 2004 p 66-72, 74
    Section: Science & Society
    Subjects: EMOTIONS; MENTAL HEALTH; PHOBIAS; MENTAL ILLNESS; EMOTIONAL STRESS; MEDICAL TREATMENT; HEALTH CARE COSTS; MEDICAL RESEARCH; BRAIN; DRUGS & MEDICINES
    Word Count: 3188
    Abstract: Researchers are gaining a new understanding of the biology of fear that characterizes anxiety disorders and phobias. Several treatments are being tested, including exposure therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, virtual-reality therapy, and DCS drug therapy. With box: Sources for help. With chart: Specific phobias

The link is: http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/a...1206/6fear.php

Again, I will try to figure out some way to get the article for us all to read. If anyone has any ideas of how to do so, I'd really appreciate that!

Just thought I'd share this with you guys!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

By the way, the magazine cover has a huge tarantula on it and 'PHOBIAS' in bold, you can't miss it.

Also Sage, Louise, John, I know that this probably belongs in the 'News Items' section of the forum, but I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the post! You guys can move it there if you want!Edited by: NCsmile6
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.