Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Why Some & Not Others?

Is there any rhyme or reason to a *sv? Meaning, how do some people in the same household get it and others do not? How do some people in the office get and others do not?

What gives?

I am scared of going to work tomorrow because a few people in my office have had it with lots of *v.

Default Re: Why Some & Not Others?

i think a lot of it is in how strong your immune system is and how good your hygine is. Keep your hands out of your mouth and try to wash your hands before you eat, or use a good benzalkonium chlorid hand sanitizer (they are the non-alcoholic ones usually) and you should be fine.

I found that one reason I think my husband caught it last year was becaue he at the time was a delivery man part time and he would handle lots of money and deliver to many homes and as a result he was not very careful with hygine he'd touch his face constantly rubbing his eyes, Ever since then he ALWAYS washes his hands like a pro when he gets home from work.

Just keep your hands clean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There is a theory that some blood groups are more likely to get stomach viruses than others.

There have been a lot of studies showing that certain blood types are more susceptible than others, but there's a lot of weirdness within that too. As well, it's worth noting that we do have immune systems! We get exposed to germs constantly but they rarely make us sick. So it just depends how big a dose they were exposed to and how their particular immune system works.

I have been exposed to a few svs over the years, & have`t caught one since 1972. I guess it`s being a compulsive hand-washer, & probiotics, but I can`t help but be paranoid when there`s a sv doing the rounds, as I can`t help but feel that it`s out to get me personally!

I once read that a full 1/3 of people who are exposed apparently don't get it and then a 1/3 of people who do get it are asymptomatic. So that means approximately 51% of people who are exposed don't get sick at all. I'm not sure how I feel about those numbers, I was unable to find the study she talked about, it was from the woman who runs the Stop The Stomach Flu website. But that would be pretty cool if it was correct.