Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking OT *snicker snicker*

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - fear of long words

Default Re: OT *snicker snicker*

Is that for real? LOL!!!!

Yes it is LOL

Thats funny. So a person with the fear of long words wouldn't even be able to say the name of their fear? Very weird.

Think about what you guys are doing, snickering at this phobia. We know what its like to be irrationally afraid of something. Though I and probably most of you guys dont understand it we shouldn't make light of it. It is a very real phobia, and btw some of us emets cant exactly say what we are afraid of either.

Not making fun of the phobia, laughing at the length of the word.

Sorry, now I feel bad.

Don't feel bad. We all misunderstand and make mistakes at times.

Don't feel bad hon, you didn't say or do anything to cause any harm. I highly doubt there are any on here with that fear so I don't think it would offend anyone per say.

And no one's making fun it's just funny and odd how the fear of long words is ONE BIG HUGE long word lol.

It's like our fear really emeto (is the greek word for vomit) so it's the same thing just in a differnt language so it doesn't seem to sound as bad.

Honestly let's lighten up a bit! We all need to laugh a little more, worry a little less and find the humour in things! I even have laughed at myself about my fear lately.

Story: me and the hubby were watching the new "wolf man" movie with Anthony Hopkins (LOVE HIM!!!) anyway, it is VERY gory but a really good movie. So here we are with popcorn eating away and my husband stopped eating pretty quickly into the movie lol...me i'm munching away and when it got REALLY gory I didn't even flinch but said
    "pass the Dr. Pepper'. My husband paused the movie and laughed saying
    "Are you seriously eating and watching all this blood and guts without it bothering you?" ...I replied "yes" to which he said
    "seriously, but if he turned around and v* the popcorn and dr. pepper would go flying in all directions and you'd run out of here soooo fast" I looked over at him and said
    "hey! I never said there was a method to my madness" and we laughed! It helps to find humour in it sometimes.

I know that she didn't mean anything offensive by this os let's lighten up and if it bothers you then don't read it .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.