Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I'm worried!

Exclamation I'm worried!

Hey everyone ~
    So....I was out from work yesterday because of back pain. I'm back at work today, but someone that I work close with has been out today and yesterday. I was asked to check her computer for any incoming important emails. I was fine until I heard that she is out with the sv* I'm worried now because I had touched her computer, etc. And, I know for a fact that I touched my face today. Does the virus live outside the human body for that long? Should I worry that I will catch it?

Please give me some feedback!

-Sarah

Default Re: I'm worried!

It doesn't exist outside the body until she actually gets sick. So I assume she wasn't vomiting at work, she probably got sick while home (before using her computer). Unlike with a cold or flu, she wouldn't be contagious before her symptoms start.

Default Re: I'm worried!

Thank you. I was actually out of work the first day she had called in (which was the day she was v*). She was out the day after too, which was when I was back at work and touched her computer. So, she wasn't at her computer for over 24 hours by the time I touched it. She is back at work today and am doing everything possible to stay away from her. Is it possible to catch it from her if it's been about 48 hours since she was sick?? I'm so worried about being around her...but I have to, because I work with her.

-Sarah