Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Stay home if you're sick!!

Ugh! I went to physical therapy today for a foot problem I'm having. I'm sitting in the waiting room and this is the conversation I hear coming from the two receptionists behind the desk:
    Girl 1: Sorry
    Girl 2: for what?
    Girl 1: my stomach rumbled. I was trying to keep it down but I can't help it.
    Girl 2: mine's been making noises too! Thanks a lot!
    Girl 1: well I highly doubt my stomach rumbling is causing your stomach to rumble...
    Girl 2: unless you gave...
    Girl 1: yeah unless I gave you "the thing". I blame it on Donna. Her daughter had it and she brought it in here

oh my GOD. As you can imagine, I was FREAKING out. Girl 2 had handed me paperwork and a pen. And God only knows if Girl 1 had used that pen, or chewed on the pen or touched it with fecal material contaminated hands! And then when I left I had to pay Girl 1 and I had to touch the pen again. And she touched my credit card. Ahhhhhhh! I told them I couldn't come in the rest of the week and I'll start my therapy on Monday. That way whatever "the thing" is, it has 4 or 5 days to GO AWAY before I go back there!!!!

Default Re: Stay home if you're sick!!

Ugh, I know what you mean. My counselor's office shares the building with the university health center, and I always feel very uncomfortable in that waiting room. So many sick people. I wish they would separate the two places. Don't even get me started on work and school. I just want to scream, "STAY HOME! WE DON'T WANT IT!" I understand why people feel they need to come into work when they're sick, but it seems irresponsible to me, because they could infect other people. My professor told us not to come to class if we are sick. He's a smart man (and cute, but that's beside the point).
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." - Alice in Wonderland

I do tell people to stay home! I have a legit reason- I am immunosuppressed- so if someone is contagious with anything more than a simple cold I always ask them to go home. I can understand wanting to work with something like IBS where you might feel bad but you aren't going to pass it on, or a hangover which is your own fault anyway, but not when you're contagious!

I agree. Someone was absent from class yesterday and came in today looking pale and nauseated and sick and I know she doesn't drink at all. I'm super annoyed that she may have infected us all with this RIGHT before spring break.