Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How long has been since you last v*?

How long has been since you last V*? For me, it's been one year and a half thus 1 1/2. I v* and was over my fear for about a couple days. My fear resurfaced and I have to deal with it all over again.

Default Re: How long has been since you last v*?

the last time for me was in March of 1999. I was 10 years old.

2008, September, I think. I would have been 19...

January 1997, after drinking far too much vodka. I was ill for a whole day, & vowed never to get drunk again, & I haven`t.

Was when I was 11 (1998) After having a bout of really bad stomach flu.
    After that I somehow stopped myself after many tummy bugs, drunken nights and food poisoning.

1999 with illness, 2005 from alcohol.

Dec 2010 due to Crohn's. Last time due to sv was Dec 2006.

I believe that the last time that I v* was a little over a year and a half ago. (I didn't have emetophobia back then though. My fear of v*ing and other people's v* started as of November, 2010.) I don't remember exactly what I was sick from. I think it was some sort of a flu or a stomach bug/virus.
    Last edited by Sheesh4; 11-07-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Okay, first something to make people gasp and then a serious point...

I haven't been sick since 10 days after my 10th birthday, on 30th June...wait for it, this is good...1983. No, that's not a typo!

However, just before anyone says anything like, "Wow, that's brilliant, you must be so lucky", a word of caution. I've been seeing a therapist for a few weeks now (and will additionally start CBT soon) to try and overcome this horrible phobia and am now realising that I've probably had it wrong for all these years, in seeing this "perfect record" as something to be really pleased about.

I've had remarkably few near misses since then but the nearest was last August, when I caught a stomach bug and was very nearly sick two or three times. I pretty much swallowed/choked it back down each time, but the experience really shook me. Me? Be sick? Me?! The point is not having been sick for so long has meant that I simply cannot deal with the idea at all, can't process it and can't grasp it. Hence the fear and panic at the thought that I might be as it now stands in my mind as the ultimate horror, the Thing That Cannot Be. Had I thrown up a few times since then I might not now have this problem, or at least not so strongly, as I'd know - phobic heresy though this is - that maybe it's not quite so bad after all. But there's the rub. I don't know that, so am terrified of it.

I'm certainly not criticising any other posters on this thread who have all (I'm sure quite easily) been able to supply the date they were last sick, as it simply seems to go with the territory with this phobia and as you can see I can "do dates" as well as anyone (the time before that was 25th July 1982 in case you're wondering), but my wider point here is to sound a note of caution, that maybe getting so hung up on when it last happened, however understandable, isn't actually helpful at all and is in fact one of the thinking patterns that keeps the phobia in place.

So yes, I haven't been sick for a very, very long time and until recently I'd felt pretty pleased about that. Now though, I think that the night of 30th June 1983 has in truth become an albatross round my neck and, far from being something to be proud of, has actually been casting a long, malignant shadow for nearly 28 years. My therapist just the other day rhetorically asked why I felt that that date was so significant. After all she said, it's just a memory.

Truth is, she's right.

I forget the actual date, but I know it was late June of grade 10...so that makes it almost 3 years now.

Wow. It seems like it was just last week. I still freak out when I think about it.

April, 1989,...I was 17. I get nauseated several times weekly with panic attacks. Its a battle of life or death.

December 25th, 2009. Yeah, Christmas Eve and Day sucked that year. lol 14 hours of V*, D*, N*, I had all 4 wisdom teeth coming in, AND I'm a girl so you know I just had to have that certain visitor as well, which made everything worse mentally and physically. Though I've found a way to look back and laugh at it like it was the joke of the century and it's helped a lot...I mean, I remember yelling "Mom! Pray hard! All of my holes are leaking!!!" during my panicking. Haha...horrible feeling, hilarious memory.
    Umm excuse me emet, this is MY life and YOU don't belong here, back the hell off. <--my new attitude.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It was 8th of February 2010. In the early morning around 5 AM

December of 2003, I was a sophmore in college right during finals. My boyfriend at the time had just visited at had a sv* while he was staying with me. I wasn't an emet at that time so I didn't know anything about how you could catch it so I didn't do anything to prevent it.

January 11, 1976. Late in the morning.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

December 25, 2010. Before that, I hadn't V*ed since 1993.
    My YouTube Channel:

My Emet Blog:

It has been around 13 years for me; I was 10 at the time, and I'm 23 next month. It still haunts me. I can remember having this phobia as a toddler, but the last time I v-ed was what really kicked it off into becoming a full-blown phobia.

The last sv* I had was March 26th 2001 at around 8pm (which if I can remember rightly, was a Monday) when i was 9 years old.
    I am 20 now.

People always laugh at me because I can remember the date and time, and even what i was wearing/had for dinner that night, but it was one of the most horrific experiences of my life. My whole house was ill and I just remember the four of us all fighting for the bathroom through the night. I even remember how we got it - My sister who was 7 at the time, had a friend she sat next to in class who v* all over their table and on the floor. My sister was kind enough to bring this home with her.

I still haven't forgiven her, 11 years on haha!

March 14th of this year. Every 15 minutes for about six hours. Not even Phenergan would help me. The Monday before that with a migraine. February 14th with a migraine. It's usually several times a month for me between migraines and gastro issues secondary to my type 1 diabetes. I hate it. It's debilitating. My emet is more centered around others being s*, though!

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    January 11, 1976. Late in the morning.
    Bloody Hell!!! Youre superwoman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by becca44 View Post
    Bloody Hell!!! Youre superwoman!!!
    I am quite male, thank you.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    I am quite male, thank you.
    SORRY!!! Youre superman then!!

Quote Originally Posted by CherBirdie View Post
    It has been around 13 years for me; I was 10 at the time, and I'm 23 next month. It still haunts me. I can remember having this phobia as a toddler, but the last time I v-ed was what really kicked it off into becoming a full-blown phobia.
    Interesting I'm just like you. I remember kind of having the phobia as far back as 5 years old but actually got sick when I was 10 (sv) which is when the phobia kicked in full force immediately after the incident.

Yes, I also remember being about 4 or 5 and having this fear; I'd lie in bed crying at night, and praying to God, begging Him not to let me get sick. When I got sick at 10, I v-ed the once but I was traumatized.

when i was 5. im 15 now. 10 years ago....

I'm thirteen now, and I last vomited ten years ago. I've only had one stomach flu, and I only vomited once or twice. I was like barely three, I don't even remember it. I was fine right after, too. But my whole family proceeded to catch it! That was an awful weekend.

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

may 2003...got way too drunk on jack daniels....haven't drank since then

December 2006. It was a Monday. I had a stomache flu or something, only vomited one time. Before that was summer of 1988.

I honestly can't remember any details but it had to have been when I was 4 or 5 which would be about 15 years ago (im 20 now). I can't understand why I have this phobia too because I can't remember any horrifying experiences with v* or what it feels like but i'm still so scared of it!

14 years ago. I was 7.