Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Sensitive Topics Forum?

I've noticed lots of disagreements on here in the past few weeks. Many things can cause them, most notably recently has been religion and coping methods. I was thinking perhaps a Sensitive Topics Forum may help keep the main boards clear of drama. The forum could be strictly for sensitive topics, and have a no flaming policy. Without a policy that stops people from attacking the ideas within the thread, it would be more of a debate, which may fit into these forums as well.

Even just a Drama section may be fitting. Posts could get moved there when they get a bit heated, and people can choose to continue the thread or to ignore it without seeing it day after day.

Locking and Deleting threads is a slow process here, and I totally understand it's because our admins are very busy with their own lives. It would just be nice to have a way to separate the topics that tend to offend people so those who are bothered have the option of not seeing them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Sensitive Topics Forum?

I think that would be great, I'm agnostic and I always try to watch what I say because I don't want to offend anyone or get into a religious debate!

That`s a great idea, as I`ve often wondered if any of the things I write might upset anyone. Some people are upset by things that don`t bother me, & vice versa.

This is a good idea. I like it. I am always afraid of unintentionally upsetting someone if I talk about thanking 'God,' or 'praying.' I don't intend to. But like hairyfairy, I also know that some people are very upset by things that don't bother me... and some things that don't bother others bother me. We have a VERY wide range of personalities and beliefs. It would be nice to see a seperate place for friendly, civil debates if they so choose to do so.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog: