Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Angry My horrible high school story!

Hello everyone. I am 100% new here but certainly not new to emet. I have been an emet for as long as I've been alive. But I wanted to share an 'experience'.

So a few years ago when I was in high school I was sitting in class and this girl (sitting right next to me!!) had been feeling bad for quite some time. She had been sleeping and I told her "If you think you are sick or might be I need to know in advance" and of course she thought I was being rude. I'm sure it seemed rude but she had no idea, I guess, about emet so... About 30 mins into class she gets up (very pale) and goes to the front of the class to get the trash can. I told her "go to the bathroom!!" and she sits RIGHT NEXT TO ME and v*!!!!!! OH MY GOD! I cried and ran out of the class. I had a horrible panic attack (but then again, aren't they all bad?!) and I skipped school for 12 consecutive days in fear I might see her or get her germs. I didn't sleep for almost a week OR eat regular meals. I was devestated. After that my emet has been in overdrive. And what's strange also, is that I get furious if someone v* now! I want to punch them out! Even poor innocent kids.

Now I am terrified of going in movie theaters, pharmacies, doctors offices (and I have to go to a lot of those due to a heart condition). I'm not house bound but I fear it could get that bad if I let it.

Last time I felt like I was going to v* I passed out (partly due to my heart condit)! I got so worked up I passed out, broke my tail bone from falling and hit my head on the toilet and had to have an MRI. hahaha it is kind of funny though to picture it.

Anyways, I was curious if anyone else has had an experience that sent their emet into overdrive. I'll say one thing's for sure. I will never be a teacher as I could NOT handle anyone getting s* in my classroom!!!

Default Re: My horrible high school story!

The worst experience I had was on holiday with my boyfriend. He got fp, and v'ed in the night, all over the bathroom. He is the one I always go to when I'm upset, so it was a million times worse that it was him who was ill. And I was trapped in the hotel room (as the bathroom was next to the door). Like you said, I was furious with him for being ill, and for not making it to the toilet. Especially when he confessed he knew his burger had been pink, and threw it away, but didn't tell me for fear of worrying me! But that night and day was a nightmare, he was so ill I didn't dare leave him completely, so he spent the day in the bathroom, I spent the whole time alternating between sitting outside the hotel worrying in case he passed out or something, and sitting in the room with my hands over my ears in case I heard him v!

I've passed out three times in my life, and I think they were all due to emet/anxiety. But I actually have a heart condition too, so maybe that contributed.
    The first time was the first month of school, and it was after the summer that I got a bad sv* (my first in 12 years) which sort of sparked my major emet. I had a really long day ahead and I was so nervous that I would feel sick and not have any anti-n* with me, since I had just run out. I worked myself up so much that I passed out while I was getting ready for school.
    The next time was this year. I was getting ready for school, and it was going to be a really busy and long day too. I started feeling anxious about the day, and because I had a touch of d* brought on by my anxiety, I was freaking out that I might have a sv*. I got so nervous that I passed out and fell backwards into the slippery bathtub. I don't remember before or immediately after I fell, but I remember jumping up and running to my room before anyone would realize what happened. I got to my room just in time before I blacked out again.

Good times.

I know all about the angry bit, as I can`t help but feel annoyed with people who are vting. I don`t want to hit them, but I think " your`e disgusting! was it really necessary to do something like that, & in front of other people". I know that sounds harsh to a lot of people, but if I can avoid vting, then so can they.

I can't really remember the last time I saw a person vting. I hate hearing it, the other night I heard my mum vting in the toilet, I didn't go in the same bathroom for a week!. Last time I vting was 6 years ago, I love eating, sleeping. It doesn't really effect me - it just hate seeing,hearing,smell of it. It scares the life out of me. I can watch people on tv (not little britain) but not in real life.

I tend to resent people for v*ing too. I feel they're being inconsiderate, but then i remember it's not their fault

ugh i hate people who v* and it takes me years to get over it!! i shoudln't i know, but i can't help it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.