Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Somewhat Off-Topic....Music!

What are some of your favorite bands, musicians, etc? Music has always helped me feel better, no matter what mood I am in! Cheers me up, gets my frustration out, is relaxing.

I listen to everything... classic rock, metal, ska, country, blues, jazz, everything!

For me...Dave Matthews Band is my #1! Zeppelin, Incubus, Mumford and Sons, Explosions in the Sky, Minus the Bear, Andy Mckee<3,Tool, A Perfect Circle, Sublime, Rage Against the Machine...just to name a few.

Curious to see everyone else's

Default Re: Somewhat Off-Topic....Music!

I like pretty much every genre, except for rap and extremely twangy country haha!

My favourite bands and artists are Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Michael Buble, The Postal Service, John Mayer, Taylor Swift, Mumford and Sons, Muse, Florence and the Machine, The Beatles, Abba, The Fray, Owl City, Metric....

...and way more. :P

I love classical music i've only recently started listening to it but it has calmed me down a lot in the past when i have been having panic attacks.

my favourite artists are Bach, Vivaldi, Dvorak & Beethoven.

my favourite pieces are Vivaldi four seasons (especially winter), Bach concerto, Dvorak new world symphony (especially the 2nd and 4th movement), Beethoven Moonlight Sonata & the theme from Schindlers list.
    you should try listening to them
    oh yes I forgot about shostakovich jazz suite 2.
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

I like Mogwai, Sigur Ros, Rasputina, Scarling, The Decemberists, The Postal Service, Zoe Keating, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Le Tigre, The Dresden Dolls.

I used to listen to a lot of heavy stuff during my awkward teen years. *cringe*.

I'm in love with Alice in Chains when Layne Staley was alive and his music in Madseason. I also love tool, apc, soundgarden, My Life Thrill Kill Kult, Rob Zombie, and KoRN. I also have to throw Sheryl Crow in there.

I listen to classical music a lot because it's one of my subjects in my music course at uni, and I find Mozart's music is so relaxing, and I like Haydn's sense of humour in his music, it always makes me laugh listening to his songs and imagining the reactions of the audience back when they were new pieces.

I like soundtracks, especially Harry Potter (ALL of them), and Lord of the Rings.

I also love jazz, rock, a bit of pop...

My favourite bands are Blue October (I listen to them while I sleep), Muse, Dire Straits, Florence and the Machine, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Missy Higgins, Mirah, Sia, Christina Aguilera, Hootie and the Blowfish, My Chemical Romance, Tokio Hotel (sometimes), and Band of Skulls... and a whole list more but it would take DAYS to type it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwest555 View Post
    I love classical music i've only recently started listening to it but it has calmed me down a lot in the past when i have been having panic attacks.

my favourite artists are Bach, Vivaldi, Dvorak & Beethoven.

my favourite pieces are Vivaldi four seasons (especially winter), Bach concerto, Dvorak new world symphony (especially the 2nd and 4th movement), Beethoven Moonlight Sonata & the theme from Schindlers list.
    you should try listening to them
    oh yes I forgot about shostakovich jazz suite 2.
    Nice! I played piano for 5 years and Bach pieces always interested me the most. I reallly need to get back into playing, its been forever.

Schindler's List was scored by John Williams who also did Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, Jaws, and a ton of great classics. I went to John Williams' film night with the Boston Symphony Orchestra right here in Massachusetts last year and am going again this coming summer with Morgan Freeman as the narrator! Really amazing and fun!! Its good to see that you appreciate classical music

John Williams also did some of the Harry Potter films. Those are the ones I like listening to the most. I don't know if he did all of them. His music is so lovely, I just listen to it for hours on end.

I love John Williams! Not just the big songs, but even his lesser known ones, like Parade Of The Slave Children and the likes.

I'm also a huge showtunes fan. I actually just bought Dance On Broadway for PS3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OHHHHH! I love showtunes as well! I'm so jealous, that looks awesome!

It really depends on my mood! But my all time favorite band is Our Lady Peace (:
    "I'd rather cross the line and suffer the consequences, than stare at the line for the rest of my life." <3

Ok, I'm stopping in to give you a few aussie suggestions!!! - You should look them up too

Two bands that i really like (and i can think of at the top of my head) John Butler Trio and Thirsty Merc.

Worth the youtube/google!

In general i also like to listen to The Script, James Morrison, ub40, Maroon 5... and i'm going to stop before i'm here all night

I got into house, rave, & clubbers anthems back in the 90`s, & still love that kind of music, despite my age. I don`t go clubbing though.