Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default who here has never v* due to alcohol/or been drunk?

I've barely ever even been drunk.
    I don't like the idea of it, but seems it is something i should experience.
    People have suggested it isnt as bad anyway, as non alcohol related. But :S
    It seems so common that almost everyone has some mad alcohol v* story.
    I jsut feel left out that i don't get drunk like normal people do, but i doubt i'd ever really want to anyway, not just that this wouldnt let me in case you know what. it does sometimes appeal though, to see what its like
    can any1 describe what it is like?

Default Re: who here has never v* due to alcohol/or been drunk?

i hardly ever drink. ever. and when i do, i only have like 1 or 2 and thats it. i cant drink fast (not even water) so it takes me forever to even finish a drink. people always give me trouble about it too. im 22 and people are STILL acting like 16 year olds pressuring me to drink. its so annoying. ive been pretty tipsy before, i dont even know if ive been drunk. i never take shots bc im afraid ill V* from it. people give me trouble about it too. but i always hold my ground and i tell them to shutup lol...

but whenever i got tipsy i could actually feel it in my legs at first. as weird as that sounds. my legs felt like the mucles were getting tighter, does that happen to anyone else?? anyway, my eyes get real heavy and i usually get a dizzy feeling. not like a sick dizzy at all. more like a....cloudy, heavy head feeling. and it makes me want to let loose. ive never felt sick from drinking to that point. i usually have fun when i get like that. which is not often at all. but i never want to go any further. once i feel like that, i completely stop drinking. i enjoy it until it wears off which it always does in no time bc i stop drinking.

I've had a fair number of drinks at times but never was sick once! Now I only have a glass of wine once in a while. Alcohol is a drug, it's addictive and it's bad for your liver - at age 52 I'm actually listening to that advice for the first time - lol.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've only been drunk once, but I was pretty seriously drunk at that time! Did not get sick, not even remotely felt nauseous.

I beleive you have to go way beyond any "enjoyable" level of drunk before getting sick would be likely.

David

I have never been drunk! I am 30years old and will not drink at all for fear of feeling sick from it. Never have never will!

I used to enjoy alchohol, & used to binge drink. I would get sick sometimes if I was very far gone, & it didn`t worry me as much in that condition, though I didn`t like it & would do my best to hold it down.I only drink in moderation now, & if I think that I`m getting too intoxicated I stop. I had a bad hangover experience in January 1997, & that taught me a lesson, I haven`t vted sinnce.

When I was younger I thought I'd never ever ever drink because of the risk of v'ing. But I did. I have an extremely low tolerance to alcohol, and for me there is a very fine line between being pleasantly drunk and getting sick. In fact, I can be pleasantly drunk, so stop drinking alcohol and switch to soft drinks, and still get sick later on. Something to do with the actual amount of fluids in my tummy rather than actual alcohol. So it took me a long time to learn my limits. I found that I would often v early on in the night, and then be fine to drink as much as I wanted without v'ing again. So I would make myself v, much more pleasant than waiting for it to happen!

Now I don't drink at all, much as I would like to have a drink or two, it interferes with my meds. Also I have to take good care of my liver as some of the meds I am on can damage it.

I've been drunk many, many times and the only time I ever DID get sick was when I mixed basically every drink known to man in one evening. Also I probably hadn't eaten anything beforehand. It's just common sense really, if you space your drinks and still to ONE type of alcohol, you should be fine. I don't drink much, if at all now though.

I suppose that would be me. After all, I am just a kid and do not (nor hopefully ever plan to) drink alcohol. So in answer to your question, I have never v'd from drinking alcohol.
    Last edited by Sheesh4; 11-07-2013 at 12:27 AM.

I never was interested in alcohol except a glass of wine with dinner or something like that. It just seemed like a waste and it looked really gross. But being in college I was curious about what being drunk was like. So I got drunk once (just once), then everyone thought it was funny to pressure me into drinking several drinks beyond that. Up until then I didn't really see the difference between sober and drunk, I felt kind of giddy and content, but nothing super exciting.

But being really really drunk is NO fun. The room starts spinning, and you just cannot walk or think straight. I thought I was standing up straight until I fell over, I thought I was walking the right direction until I fell off a curb. Then my memory is kind of spotty, but I remember walking up to my boyfriend's dorm, telling him I had to pee, and the next thing I knew I was on the bathroom floor. I didn't feel sick (honestly, no nausea I didn't even know I would be sick until I was being sick, and I was so drunk I really didn't care), but apparently I had to puke. For the next 4 hours. I spent the night with my face on a toilet seat (if that didn't give me noro maybe we shouldn't be so worried eh?). I had to be partially carried to bed, where I slept for 5 hours, then woke up sober and threw up until well into the afternoon. Yuck. Moral of the story? Don't drink a lot (I had some 15 drinks, all packed with sugar) and if you do, don't drink a lot of the sugary mixed stuff, and if you do, drink a lot of water.

The good part? I realized that not only was throwing up not that bad, it was the only thing I could do all day that made me feel better. It made me realize that in many cases the nausea really is the worst part. I couldn't even move, but throwing up gave me a small window where I felt good enough to sit up or get a book or get some fluids down. Shame that wisdom was so short lived. You really have to have a LOT, especially if you're an emet, so if that's what you're worried about, don't be. I knew what was happening and would happen, I did it consciously. You won't just accidentally cross that line of drinking that much, you really have to have way way too much.

I am 26 and i have never been drunk or drunk any form of alcohol. I am completly T Total and intend to be forever! I am way too scared!

I drink a little bit, but have never had enough to get drunk.

As far as wanting to get drunk so you don't feel left out: You really don't have to! If you don't want to get drunk, don't! You are living your life, not your friends! If it is something you want to try, I suggest doing it at home with somebody you trust to take care of you if you drink too much

You may find these links helpful!

I've been drunk and vomited a number of times from alcohol...recently this past New Years. I still haven't learned my lesson as I actually went out for a couple drinks tonight. Although I still enjoy drinking I have learned to eat something before I drink and drink water too. I use to have a alcohol problem for 2 years where I would hide bottles of liquor around the house and chug a shot. I would wake up thinking about a drink and start the day drinking at 11am. I can't say I'm an alcoholic because I have no desire to drink anymore...only when I go out occasionally. I actually drank because my emet was so bad and having a buzz took away the anxiety and nausea. The few times I've been sick is because I took too many shots all nearly together without allowing time. I say don't even try it if it doesn't sound pleasant because it really isn't. Alcohol isn't worth the hangover the next day, severe thirst or any regrets you might have from your actions or words! I speak from experience.
    Last edited by alisha27; 03-26-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Ive been drunk loads but never vomited from it, i didnt even feel sick with the hangover usually just felt "rough" very headachy, eyes sensitive to light and general sluggishness. I think it depends on what your drinking, NEVER mix the grape and the grain, guaranteed to make you vomit as ive experienced with many of my friends. I mainly stick to vodka as i know it wont make me sick.

I've never been drunk and have never vomited due to alcohol.
    Last edited by gumdropper1; 04-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

I've been quite drunk on occasions but never gotten s*

Having a severe irrational fear of vomiting (emetophobia) I would never do anything, on purpose, that might even remotely cause me to vomit, like getting drunk. If I could do THAT, I would not be emtophobic.

I can honestly say I've never drank a single sip of alcohol and I'm 26 years old. I've had no desire to drink it and have never even felt tempted to try it. Sure people have tried to pressure me like any normal adult but I've never had a problem saying no. I am a Christian and don't believe drinking is right for one thing (I'm not looking for a debate so don't get upset with me). Not drinking just because I might vomit is just a benefit of never wanting to drink haha.

I've never drank before, of course I have had the occasional sip of wine or beer but never drunk anything fully! I have a feeling I won't ever drink because of emet! (im 17) x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

Me!! Looks like you have a pretty good record going for you and I must say,...that is encouraging. I will be 40 in June. I remember getting sick when I was 7 on the couch and what it looked like,...when I was 8 and then once at 17. It was April of 1989 actually.....that was the last time I did it and it will be the last time unless the is some kind of spiritual V that occurs in the afterlife......hmmm

I've never v* from drinking too much and I've never been absolutely crazy drunk either. I've been drunk but nothing to the point where I was blacking out or unable to walk. I would hate that!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I've never v* from drinking and have been drunk plenty of times, although not recently. I think v* from drinking is definitely mind over matter and I've fought it off all of those times. I've had d* a number of times from drinking, though.

I'm 31 and have never tried alcohol! When I was a teenager, that was DEFINITELY due to being an emet, but honestly now I just don't have any interest in doing so. The smell of beer for example is very unappealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by iNurtureTheOdd View Post
    Having a severe irrational fear of vomiting (emetophobia) I would never do anything, on purpose, that might even remotely cause me to vomit, like getting drunk. If I could do THAT, I would not be emtophobic.
    I do not agree with this post at all. I have been emetophobic for 20+ years and have gotten drunk to the point of vomiting several times. I still enjoy going out and having a few drinks now and then, and sometimes I do drink a little too much. I haven't gotten actually sick from alcohol for a year or so now, but I have had some seriously brutal hangovers.
    Getting sick from alcohol is WAY different from getting sick from a virus. There's no anticipation anxiety, no worry, nothing like that. You know why you're sick and you usually feel alot better afterwards.
    Remember there are many different degrees of emetophobia, and being able to drink does NOT mean you are not emetophobic.

I drink, but not to excess as I don't want to be sick. I've never been sick from Alcohol, and personally I know this is linked to my emetophobia. Although I'm sure it's different for everyone! I don't like the feeling of being REALLY drunk anyway, once stuff starts spinning I stop having fun...

Not me, I'm only thirteen and truthfully have no desire in the whole drinking/getting wasted scene that'll start when I hit high school next year... BUT, my aunt, who is now 50, has never vomited from alcohol. One weekend my brother broke up with his girlfriend, and got drunk with my aunt (he was of age, don't worry,) and of course my aunt felt bad for him so she drank with him... it was liqeour or something... I don't know how to spell it without it looking the same as liquor? Anyway, they finished off SO many bottles it was insane. I was seven. My brother and her had the same amount, too. They were trashed, my aunt didn't intend to drink that much but she got carried away, she's NOT a big drinker!

Anyway, my brother was v*ing everywhere, it was rather traumatizing. I walked out of the bathroom, and he ran right passed me and v*d. That was horrifying. Then, right under where I slept? The bathroom downstairs was... his bathroom. That was horrible..

BUT, anyway, back to the point. My aunt had the same amount, she's really tiny, like 5'1 and small, and she didn't vomit! Even with her WICKED hangover for three days (I kid you not she was in bed for three days,) she never vomited. She said she kind of wished that she had but she never did.

I hope that's somewhat reassuring!

Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

When I was growing up, I was adament about never drinking a sip of any alcohol because of my severe emetophobia. I thought if I drink, I v*mit.

By my second year of college, I had observed many friends who could drink socially, but never get sick. I decided with another friend who had been in high school > college with me and hadn't drank before that we would try it. With my older boyfriend and his friend, we had fruity drinks in a very controlled and loving environment. There was no pressure, and we definitely didn't have the goal to "get drunk". We got giddy - then later had a bit of a headache. But no issues.

Throughout college and after, I learned my tolerance level - always making my own drinks and surrounding myself with good people who wouldn't pressure me and knew about my phobia. There were only two times that I almost got sick (it took a LOT of alcohol...which isn't ever smart to do), but because of my extreme emetophobia, I wouldn't let myself. I always made sure that I didn't drink so much that I was out of control of my actions and my body.

My recommendations to you when you are okay to try it: 1. Do it with people that you trust and know your phobia (but are not phobic themselves), 2. Drink slowly. That way you can feel the effects and monitor them as you go - stopping if you become uncomfortable - and not overdoing it (ie. Don't do shots ) 3. Eat good carbs before you drink, eat good carbs/drink lots of water after you drink. 4. Don't go to bed if you are still out of sorts...stay awake and keep drinking water until that feeling passes so that you don't wake up feeling sick.

Everyone is different though - but funny enough, my experiences with alcohol have been healthier because of the phobia - I do not abuse alcohol and I have enjoyable social experiences because of that. And someday when you're of age and ready, you'll be a ok, too!

The most alcohol I've ever had is tiny sips. Pretty lame seeing as I'm almost 19 and everyone I know is drunk practically 24/7. I don't drink because I hate the taste of most alcohol, and I'm terrified of getting hungover.

I have never been drunk and I'm 34. I have had lots of sips of things but not a whole drink by myself other then a wine cooler.

I have been drunk TOO many times growing up.

My dad, is an alcoholic (he doesn't live with my mum anymore) and all through my life, I was TERRIFIED of him/the drink/him possibly v* etc.
    I was always scared of drunk people when I was a child, if I saw one I would go hysterical!

But as I got older, I obviously started messing about with alcohol when me and my friends were camping etc..and I slowly started to become okay with alcohol related v*

It sounds strange being scared of one type of v and not another! (trust me, before ANY sort of v* would make me want to kill myself)
    But there have been so many times my mates have drunk too much, or i have had a bottle too much of wine and have v* and I have been fine with it! in fact, i prefer it? it makes me feel SO much better after/the next day.

But i feel as if drinking and drink related v* has really helped me, alot! I can cope better with situations than before!

I think it's a good thing to experience at least once. it certainly helped me get over a lot of my worries.

ps. if its any catchable v* then im off! get my coffin ready! cause id rather be in there!

and trust me, I DO NOT condone binge drinking at all! this is just my personal experience and it might not be as helpful to other people as it was for me!
    Last edited by eils20; 05-12-2011 at 11:49 PM.