Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: What aspect of vomiting scares you the most?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • The smell

18 29.03%
  • Seeing it

36 58.06%
  • Hearing it

41 66.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What Scares You The Most About Vomit?

Me too. Mine is the fear of losing control and feeling embarrassed in public, that others will judge me.

I couldn't pick just one. I think the smell and noise of it tend to stay with me the longest than seeing it. I mean I don't want to watch someone doing it but seeing it afterwards is gross and I look away fast but I can get over it better if I've just seen it, or if it's more distant from me like on tv. I'm deathly afraid of doing it myself though and I think there's emotional and psychological issues behind it maybe.

For me it's the sounds of it. My fiance sometimes gags a bit when he brushes his teeth and my first thought is aaagh I ask him is he sick straightaway because for me that's my biggest fear catching a virus/tummy bug. So yes the sound of it, oh god I can hear it now in my head. Thank goodness I can come here and know I won't get judged

Steelers Country! Pennsylvania, United states

I am scared of doing it myself and seeing others do it. Because when someone else does it, for some reason I instantly feel like I will to. I've been that way since I can remember. I also don't even remember what it feels like to throw up because I haven't since I was 4 and I am 24 now. Crazy huh? You'd think after 20 years of not throwing up I wouldn't be afraid that I will. Oh but I am. Terrified. I think the reason I am so so scared is because I don't know what to expect because I don't remember what it feels like to do so.