Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really worried please please help

Hi Its been a while since i have logged on to this site but my 12 yr old daughter started with "d" yesterdaay and it seemed to settle and i wasn't too bad ,my anxiety was under control and i could eat a bit but last night she was ill again and this time actually "v" ,she is really phobic too so because i was with her i had to stand and help her until i could wake my husband up , now i am soooooo worried that i may have caught it from her "v"ing as i was right there , i have bleached everywhere and wasjed my hand loads . What do u think my chances are ???no one really understands how panicky i feel xi can't eat and am just about functioning .God i hate this i can't live like this

Default Re: Really worried please please help

I don't think you'll catch it from being next to her, the chances are really small. I think if you keep your hands away from your mouth and nose and maybe clean the bathroom if it'll make you feel better.

I hope your daughter feels better soon

THANKS i just wish i could eat but i can't stop the worry , i know that i'm feeding my phobia but can't think about anything else i hate myself when im like this .

How are you doing now? I'm going through the same thing, except it's my boyfriend. It's the worst feeling in the world. I hope your daughter is feeling better!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3