Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: In general, are you an Optimist or a Pessimist?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Optimist

6 23.08%
  • Pessimist

10 38.46%
  • I'm in the middle

10 38.46%

Default Are You An Optimist Or A Pessimist?

I'm wondering if your outlook on life has something to do with your recovery speed. I myself am a hopeless optimist. I always have something positive to say about any situation.

What about you? Where are you with your emetophobia? Do you think your outlook on life effects it?
    Last edited by asianeko; 03-22-2011 at 06:25 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Are You An Optimist Or A Pessimist?

I used to be a very postiive person before I developed emetophobia.

Now, with emetophobia, I am very much a pessimist.

I've been a pessimist for years, even long before I became emet. I think it was just something that happened during my rebellious teen phase and it kind of stuck with me.

I'm totally in the middle! One minute the glass is half full, the next it's half empty!
    My Mantra:
    If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
    -Originally an IES member since October, 2009-

I'm in the middle. I am VERY hard on myself and a pitiful perfectionist. the perfectionism is real for me, it causes me SEVERE anxiety. I always think I am going to fail, mess up, ruin everything. I am extremely self counscious, and the list goes on. I am so hard on myself it comes off as shy (which I am) and it makes me hate myself. In that way I am a pessimist for sure.

But...when it comes to other people's situations I am an extreme optimist. I try and solve all problems, make peace in my school and community, find the best in situations, accept all people and look for the good in everyone and everything.

I'm in the middle as well. I consider myself a realist and view things through the lens of objective logic over any specific positive or negative outlook.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

I'm very optimistic, yet at the same time I tend to criticize myself and be a perfectionist. But with other people and situations - I am hopelessly optimistic!
    David

I`m definately a pessimist, & always have been. I seems to me that I`ve always been unlucky, & the only way to avoid bad things happening is to plan for them so that hopfully I can avoid them, also, if I expect the worst to happen & it doesn`t, then that`s a relief, & makes for a good day.

i try to stay positive. i do for other people and situations other than my own. when it's more personal, i tend to be more negative, even bordering on feel like nothing is ever going to work out. i definitely think this phobia has had a hand in that... some days it just feels so hopeless. other days you feel like you are going to beat it.

i still try very hard to see the bright side of things. "what you think, you become", right?

Definitely true imo Chickman. Another saying I keep in mind is "It could always be worse!"

You may find these links helpful!

Im an optimist, i wake up every day happy and looking forward to the day ahead, its only my emet that brings me down.