Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

is it still making its rounds? I haven't had it, and no one else I know has. Ofcourse I work in the hospital and had a flu shot, but I really havent seen any cases.

does anyone know if its still making its rounds?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

The respiratory flu thing is going around at the school where I teach. Also, one that is mainly headache and fever. Lots of kids are out....

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

I heard that its starting late this year...its kinda funny i couldnt care less if i got the flu but the bug scares the s*** outa me...im sure there are a lot of people who would rather have the bug than the flu...thats the emet for ya....

I've heard of a few cases around here (Nebraska)...but not that many. Mostly everything around here (they do a piece on the news once a week about "What's going around") is head colds, upper respiratory infections and strep throat. Even the "bug" doesn't seem to be going around as much around town anymore, it was mainly bad from about Thanksgiving until New Year's.
    msn IM: Abbey_Normal

I am in Rhode Island and have not heard of anything here except for colds and strep throat. The "bug" seemed to be here before Christmas. Usually its starts making its appearance in feb-Mar.

im in uk - and i have a cold...its rotten and my throat is killin. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

hmm - i really must change my avatar from the xmas one! it might be bad luck hey!

The "bug" probably died out in alot of towns. Usually you don't get the same one again for a few months. Like the flu, as for if I would rather have the Flu or the Bug. Honestly I think I would choose the bug, it's gone quicker. but then again I'm more afraid of others V'ing. so If I got the bug so would everybody else in my house. so I really don't know.

yeah, maybe its stopped here, getting the flu would suck, but it wouldn't be as bad as the stomach kind So Id survive. anywho, Im glad I havent had influenza in about 5 years. man, that once was enough for all 5 years combined.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I haven't heard of anyone around here (Kansas City) having INFLUENZA, just our nemesis, the stomach virus!