Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Who Has Vomited In School?

Hey guys!

Just wanted to know if any of you people have ever thrown up in school or in a public place other than your home. I have thrown up in a parking lot as I ate a lot of Munchkin donuts and then I felt nauseous on a long car ride in the summer and drank a lot of water to try to keep it down. But I knew that if I moved, I would vomit. That is the only time I ever vomited in public. Rest of the times (2-3 others) in the safety of my own home. Never vomited at someone else's house, thankfully. Never vomited at school, either. But a lot of my friends have. But back then, I wasn't afraid of myself or others vomiting. I hate my new fear.

Default Re: Who Has Vomited In School?

I v*d in front of my entire class at school when I was 5 years old, which I can unfortunately still remember rather well. I v*d in the street two years ago because I got food poisoning during a day out. That one was the worst, I felt so humiliated although people did actually take pity on me.

I'm actually not afraid of myself v*ing if I'm completely alone but if I feel the slightest bit of n* while I'm outside or there are other people around then it's full-on panic mode.

I have thrown up at school once in the middle of class (6th grade) and once about 12 years ago in a restraunt bathroom... it just hit after breakfast one day.

Wow. I feel really bad for you guys. I am sorry that you had to experience that.

I did when I was 8 and that's when I turned emet.

I vomited on the school bus, then again in the hallway because I didn't make it to the bathroom. The weird thing is I remember that morning/moment but after that I don't remember anything. I must not have been ill anymore that day, or I would remember it.

And getting sick in public is like the worst thing to me. I am so stressed out when I am not at home.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

I have only thrown up at home and one time at my Grandma's house during a sleep over. Throwing up at school used to scare the hell out of me. I was always so afraid it would happen to me.

I very nearly threw up in school, i had a stomach virus but just dry heaved at school and felt very sick, i cried and made such a fuss that i got sent home straight away, strangely when i got home i heaved a few more times but didnt vomit, slept for 8 hours and woke up with d but no nausea at all. Weird. I threw up in The Ritz hotel in Paris, my only claim to fame

I have never thrown up when I was at school. However I have thrown up while working at a school (due to Crohn's and reflux, not sv) I used the single cubicle disabled toilet though. The only time I have ever thrown up in a public place was one afternoon when I was extremely drunk. I could have made it to the toilet, except there aren't any oublic toilets, so I went in an alleyway so as not do it in front of everyone.

When i was little i was always car sick i threw up over myself in the car on more than one occasion. I was also sick all over a pavement when i was little infront of loads of people after eating peaches....now i cant eat them but strangely i didnt feel ill at all after that i can remember. Once in a hotel in Brighton recently
    ...The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step

You know, I was talking to my counselor about this the other day. I've always linked my emet (at least partially) to the traumatic experiences of vomiting away from home as a child. I got sick in kindergarten and at both of my grandmothers' houses on separate occasions. I think that feeling of not being safe is part of what makes me panic. I just want to be at home when I feel sick. I think this has contributed to my social anxiety, as well. It's interesting to see that other emets have had similar experiences. Makes sense.
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." - Alice in Wonderland

I have vted in public a few times due to alchohol, & I was too fer gone to care at the time, but afterwards I would be so ashamed that I would stay indoors for several days in case I ran into someone who saw me do it. I got sick a couple of times in school as a kid, because of bugs. The last time was when I was 10, & I was so embarrassed. I tried to hold it in, but I lost control & did it in class in front of all the other girls. I felt like such a loser because I could`nt control it, & the other girls made fun of me. I still blush with shame at the memory of that.

Nope, the 2 times I was sick when I was younger was at home, in my bed. EW. And the 3rd was at the hospital.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Not school, but when I was in ballet class when I was three I randomly vomited during class, that was it, and then I was fine. No idea why it happened, I was not sick, probably ate something in the morning that didn't agree or something! I was fine after it happened, I don't even remember feeling ill before it happened either. I had to go home but I remember putting up a fit because I didn't want to leave class, I felt fine LOL but I reeked soo... ;P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I vomited at school when I was in the 3rd grade. Don't know why I did this, but I remember knowing I was going to do it. I passed several restrooms on my way to the nurse's office. I got as far as the school secretary's desk and puked all over the floor and in the trash can. Poor school secretary. She was obviously not an emet because she didn't seem bothered by it in the least!

I have only done it and home or a hospital. Knock on wood. My best friend did it in the middle of class. She survived. Everyone forgot about it.