Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My flatmate has just informed me that he has been v* this evening. he said its food poisoning but what if its a bug and what if i catch it. We share a kitchen. I have just put something in the oven but im too scared to eat it now. I dont know what to do. And to make matters worse the bucket he hasv* in is outside in our corridor which means he hastouchedthe bucket and then the door handle. I would stay in my room but i have to go get my washing in half an hour what do i do

I feel like im going to have a panic attack

Breathe...you can get through this just after you touch the door handle wash your hands WELL...non emets usually know their illnesses better than us so if he thinks its food poisning hes probably right...you can get through this try and be strong...

im going to go disinfect the door handle, but i still have to walk pass the bucket with 'it' in it. Then after touching the door handle i have to get my clean washing which means touching my clean stuff.i dont know what to do, im shaking like mad

in 27 minutes i have to walk past the bucket. I am so sorry for whining on here but i dont know how i can but i have to because i have to go collect my laundry from the launderette. All i can think of is where the germs are and what im going to touch, and what i may have already touched. I just went into the kitchen and he followed me in there for a chat. he knows i am terrified of being sick and everything to do with it so why does he keep asking me what he should eat, drink and giving me descriptions of what 'it' was like

my best friend is coming to stay on thursday too so i cant be ill, i live 300 miles away and i ahvent seen her in so long.

Do you have any instant message programs? I'd be happy to help talk you through this...

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

i have yahoo and msn

right im off to collect my washing. im going to wear a plastic glove that i can throw away once ive opened the door and take my antibacterial wipes with me. He says he is positive its food poisioning but im not so sure. He wont stay in his room, he keeps coming out of his room to speak to me whenever he hears me about. Im going to become a recluse until 3 days after his symptoms stop, and im so scared me and my best friend are going to get ill and that would be someone else being ill in my bathroom.

It felt as though my emet was getting better, but i realised its just cos hadnt been around anyone who was ill. Now i know its as bad as it ever was

this just seems so trivial to what everyone else is going through, Im sorry to keep posting. I need to talk to someone to calm down, but there is noone. My boyfriend used to help me but we split up 2 weeks ago so i cant even call him. Why am i so scared, he says its food poisoning so why wont i believe him. Whenever someone used to be ill, about 6 months ago if they said they thought it was food poisoning i would be fine and wouldnt panic. But now all i can think is what if it isnt, what if its a bug, what if i catch it, what if i get ill when my best friend is here, what if she gets it.

I hate this so much. I feel like im a prisoner in my own room. I cant go in the kitchen (but i have about 10 packets of crisps in my rooma nd some chocolate and afew bottles of drink so i can survive a few days).At least i have my own bathroom, and its ensuite so i dont even have to leave my bedroom to get to it.Now im going to go disinfect it (which i know is stupid since he hasnt even been in there) and just stay in my room for ages.

It sounds weird but for some reason i dont think id be so scared if my best friend wasnt coming to stay. I phoened my mum which i feel really bad for because its 2am but i was shaking uncontrollably and found it diffcult to breathe. The reason i think its not food poisoning is because we are at university and live in catered halls (i did not eat there tonight thank goodness), surely they wouldnt risk anyone getting ill so the food must of been ok, therefore it must be a bug.

Arrrrgggghhhh i hate this.I just want to go to bed and sleep until this is all over. But i cant go to bed, what if im sick in the night.

Sorry for all this, im so worked up at the minute

I can relate--just make sure you keep your hands clean, when my daughters are sick and I actually have to TOUCH IT, and clean it up, wash their laundry, etc. I use antibacterial soap and then antibacterial hand gel!!

I can ctually hear him from my room over my tv. Now i really am in a panic

nicki are you okay?

if you need to chat hit magen2007 on yahoo

here for you xoxo

Do what your heart tells you to-- even when your fears tell you not to.

You are alive....so live.

I am harmonygirl72 on Yahoo and [email protected] on MSN. Add me if you want!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Cover your mouth close your eyes hold your breath and run!! but make sure where the bucket is so you don't trip on it.