Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy scared :( I need positivity

Ok so I'm still pretty new here. I recently started counseling and CBT, I really believe I'm on the road to recovery it will just take some time and a lot if effort on my part.
    Today for some reason I've had a bad feeling that I would get something. I woke up with no appetite but ate breakfast anyways, and then I wasn't hungry for lunch bur I ate something later in the afternoon. Now ( it's 11:13 pm here) I feel ... just funny. I tried to eat and had done stomach cramps, though those are gone now. My stomach is making the strangest noises, I just feel like I may be catching ssomething on top of that I think my bf and I are breaking up so I feel awful everywhere any positive responses would help so much, thank you!

Default Re: scared :( I need positivity

sorry you're having a rough night. it sounds like maybe your just stressing over the whole boyfriend thing.....which can cause loss of appetite and just plain feeling crappy........try and find some distractions.....video games, online trivia or something to get your thinking off your tummy and your boyfriend for a while
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try drinking some tea or ginger ale, they are really good for calming your stomach

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm feeling worse today. I'm fighting diarrhea at the moment I'm
    So scared I might get s*

Ugh I keep feeling worse. My stomach hurts, and I'm having awful sharp pains in my ribs.

How are you feeling now? You need to try and suck on some ice or slowly take small sips of water or electrolytes like gatorade to prevent dehydrated from diarrhea. Hopefully it's just a really bad case of gas. I felt pretty bad myself the other day and come to find out it was because I worked out a little too much and my body wasn't use to it. I was n* and achy. You could just be experiencing stress because you are having relationship issues. A breakup hurts so bad emotionally and physically. I learned in anatomy class that our body goes through those fight or flight situations under certain stressful situations, and it can cause you to loose your bowels. Hopefully your relationship will turn out okay and if it doesn't work out the way you intend remember we all over come a broken heart at some point and someone deserving will make you very happy someday.

Thank you so much for the replies, really it means alot idk if I'm feeling better but I think I would have gotten s* by now, right? I'm eating chicken noodle and crackers right now.

Just take it easy, if you're working, consider taking Monday off as well. I found something which really settled my stomach when I get like that is a nice warm bath, some music, and a book. Put some sea salt in the bath and it'll help with any aches and pains and help relax too!