Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do other peoples habit/behaviour disgust you?

My 15 year old daughter has some repulsive habits (shes totally not emet at all) she was out the other evening with her friends in the park and next to the bench was a half empty can of coke (left by god knows who??) her friend bet her £2.00 to drink out of it, she did she told me about it when she got home and was laughing, i freaked! Now ive been emet all my kids life and she was brought up to wash her hands when entering the house, after going to the loo and before eating, she still does all this but what good does it do when she does things like that!! Any family members drive you mad with dirty habits?

Default Re: Do other peoples habit/behaviour disgust you?

OMG EWWWW thats all i can say

To answer your question, no, other people's habits and behaviours don't disgust me... MY habits and behaviours disgust me because they make me different from "normal" people and always on edge, scared, and panicking. I wish I was more like other people.

Having said that, I don't think it's a good idea to drink from a can that's just there, not knowing whose it is or what disease that person may have (and I'm not talking noro). Someone may have spit it it, pissed in it... you get the picture. Not a very smart thing to do.

It only grosses me out when my boyfriend eats with his hands without washing them first. I just think it goes against basic hygiene. He also doesn't clean up well when he cooks raw chicken. I can't STAND that. I always watch my friends when they eat, and they look so carefree. It always makes me a bit jealous.
    Last edited by GrammarGal; 03-27-2011 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Fixed a spelling mistake. :)
    "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here." - Alice in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by iNurtureTheOdd View Post
    To answer your question, no, other people's habits and behaviours don't disgust me... MY habits and behaviours disgust me because they make me different from "normal" people and always on edge, scared, and panicking. I wish I was more like other people.

Having said that, I don't think it's a good idea to drink from a can that's just there, not knowing whose it is or what disease that person may have (and I'm not talking noro). Someone may have spit it it, pissed in it... you get the picture. Not a very smart thing to do.
    Iagree, not smart at all, all i can say is teenagers are weird with some very gross habits, all i can say is i hope that she grows out of it

Quote Originally Posted by iNurtureTheOdd View Post

Also my emet makes me mad at myself but my slight ocd about hygiene doesnt, if more people out there were cleaner the world would be a less germy place.

iNurtureTheOdd, amen, that's pretty gross, who knows who that can belonged to. People put their cigarette butts in cans like that. I don't think it's a great idea to drink out of one just laying on the ground, emet or not.

Woah thats disgusting!!!! Anything could have been in there! EWWWWW!!! She could get very sick with things much worse than noro for drinking something like that!

As for the question, my dad generally grosses me out. He doesn't have the best handwashing skills but even when he does wash his hands properly something about them creeps me out. If I know my mom or sister has just cleaned their hands I will let them touch my food, if its pretzles or something, but not my dad, ever, and I'm not completely sure why. BTW I'm a teen and my habits are no where near gross, I am emet and a general clean freak.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle418 View Post
    Woah thats disgusting!!!! Anything could have been in there! EWWWWW!!! She could get very sick with things much worse than noro for drinking something like that!

As for the question, my dad generally grosses me out. He doesn't have the best handwashing skills but even when he does wash his hands properly something about them creeps me out. If I know my mom or sister has just cleaned their hands I will let them touch my food, if its pretzles or something, but not my dad, ever, and I'm not completely sure why. BTW I'm a teen and my habits are no where near gross, I am emet and a general clean freak.
    My daughter will do anything for a dare, shes an absolute nut! Ive had the police round when she jumped about 10 breakwaters on the beach on her horse. She drinks out the hosepipe that supplies the horses water buckets, its NOT drinking water for humans, she grosses me out. as i say hopefully she grows out of it and drizzle i always thought there may have been a non gross teen or 2 out there, for a while i thought it was just my kid until i had 87 of them in my house 3 weeks ago for her birthday party, cleaning up took 3 days!

87 !!? For real? Thats crazy! My mom would never have that many of my friends over, but I only have four friends so it doesnt matter, lol! Sounds like you got your hands full but I bet you're never bored! : D

Ha Ha yeah seriously! She put an event thing on facebook, i cottoned on to this and got 2 big beefy male friends to be doormen, once they counted 87 in everybody else got turned away, it was mad but a brilliant party, we only had 2 pukers and they were banished to the garden!

Well yesterday actually something my friend did mortified me! well two things actually, the first one was to prove a point to me, we were sitting on a bench at a park and he was eating a packet of crisps after we had been to town, I told him how I envied him, not having to wash his hands after going out, so he then says "Max for goodness sake, there is no need to be scared of a few germs" he then proceeded to put his hand under the bench picked a piece of gum from the bottom and stuck it in his mouth...the other was when we were out on our bikes and a packet of rolos fell out of his pocket, his back wheel crushed the packet and they were all out on the pavement, he gathered them up in his hands and shoved them all in his mouth!!! he's worse than a dog...
    I know that there are those that are waiting for failure, but
    my answer to that is that there is no such thing as failure.
    You can only fail if you stop too soon.

I hate people who pick their noses, especially in public. It`s even worse if they do it while eating, YECH!