Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Thank you, you've been framed!

I was watching You've been framed earlier (funny home videos show), when a little warning popped up in the corner saying something like 'sensitive viewers look away now'. So I braced myself, and it was a v scene, and I was fine with it (even though it was really graphic) because it didn't catch me unawares. And it got me thinking, we've had debates on here before about whether it's right to show v on TV (especially prime time shows) and putting up a warning seems like a really good solution. So thankyou to the producers of You've been framed!

Default Re: Thank you, you've been framed!

That's awesome! I wish every television show did that. Watching it on television doesn't normally bother me a bit, but if I'm feeling ill when I'm watching it... it can make my stomach do a flip. I know there are some emets that are VERY bothered by it, even on tv. For them, this would be a very considerate thing to do if the insist on including v* scenes.
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm kind of in the middle on that one. It usually doesn't bother me. But I remember once on AFHV, they showed a toddler puking on a birthday cake (really spouting too) just before the birthday child was going to blow out the candles. I could have done without that one!

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I personally hate v* on tv it really sends me into panic mode so I would LOVE the warning good work for that show!

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    I'm kind of in the middle on that one. It usually doesn't bother me. But I remember once on AFHV, they showed a toddler puking on a birthday cake (really spouting too) just before the birthday child was going to blow out the candles. I could have done without that one!

Doug
    Lol, I think I've seen that... and you're right... disgusting. Some of them aren't bad. I guess the movies don't bother me as much as reality t.v. because I know it's generally fake vomit. It doesn't make it any less gross, but I feel better knowing that what I see isn't real vomit.

If my stomach is feeling okay that day, I can normally deal okay. If not, I quickly change the channel... or scream for my husband to!
    Jennifer

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So, love the people who treat you right, forgive the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it! Nobody said it'd be easy, they just promised IT WOULD BE WORTH IT!"

My Emet Vlog:

Haha, imagine how many warnings there'd be on a show like Jackass or something? :-P I think it's a happy medium though, instead of having a big warning at the beginning, just have a little pop-up with a warning for generally gross stuff, vomit included.

Lol! I think you're right. I couldn't even watch Jackass 3 with my husband because I KNEW there was going to be vomit scenes... and I knew they were going to be real. Steve-o (sp?) vomits SO easily. I probably would be dry heaving from half of the stuff he has done... or has witnessed... but that boy has an extremely weak tummy. I wish I was that courageous and didn't care...
    Jennifer

My Emet Vlog:

Showing a warning is a great idea, but better still would be far fewer v scenes on tv & movies, as most of them are totally unnessesary.

Agreed!!!
    Jennifer

My Emet Vlog: