Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default the repercussions of anesthesia...

I have some medical problems (unfortunately having to do with my stomach) and I need to go for a endoscopy, and i might possibly need a small surgical procedure based on the results.
    The only thing holding me back is the issue of being put under... I personally know many people who get sick when they come out of anesthesia... even with the drug they put in it to subside this possibility.
    I desperately need this test but i do not know what to do or how to go about this. I am so scared.
    What can I do? Has anyone faced this problem? I am actually toying with the possibility in my head of just living as i am, sick and all.
    Help please?
    Thank you so much.

Default Re: the repercussions of anesthesia...

Nicole, i recently was put under for wisdom tooth surgery on wednesday. I was super scared too and more worried about waking up and being dizzy and nauseous and the car ride home.

They put me to sleep and when I woke up it was as if time hadn't passed at all. I wasn't loopy or dizzy or nauseous. I wasn't even tired. I didn't feel a thing or have weird dreams or anything crazy while under. It was as if time had frozen.

I was in a lot of pain from my mouth so I couldn't talk when I came to but if I didn't have the gauze I would have been fine and speaking coherently.

They didn't have any anti nausea drugs so I didn't have any in the IV. I was pleasantly surprised by how well I coped with it and how it didn't even cross my mind about getting sick.

I even took vicodin that day too, which is something I would NEVER take. I hope this helps.

Default Re: the repercussions of anesthesia...

i've had an endoscopy........you won't remember a thing.....also what they gave me was liquid valium so it wasn't like being put under for surgery........the worst part was the anticipation before hand. i'm glad i had it done......now i won't fear it if i have to have one again.....u can do it

i've also had surgeries where i was put to sleep.....4 to be exact........and i have never v from any of them.......so not everyone does.......

good luck.......go for it.......you will feel better afterwards
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.