Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I dont understand this one minute ill feel fine and say to myself who cares if you get sick...its probably all for the better and its not as bad as you think it is youve done it before and its all over in a matter of seconds...than i go back to the attitude of being scared 10 minutes later its really weird i....sometimes i just wish i got sick so i wouldnt be so afraid but im too scared to let it happen

I get the same thing all the time. Sometimes I want to pull over my car and just make my self do it, then Im like NO WAY!!!! I had a realy bad panic attack today during my therapy because my stomach felt weird all day, and I feel so defeated, worthless, helpless. He tried to have me think that I was sick and to calm down and exept it, but to be honest, at that time I would have chose death over throwing up. I just dont get anymore. I am now a psychologist but I dont think that feeling brave once and a while means you are manic depresive. We all get like that. Unless there are other things that make you think you are. Like I said, not a psycologist, but thats what I think. Good luck to you. Just have faith that this will be over with someday. It will. Right? [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

hey!

I actually am manic depressive. And I have experienced mania and those thoughts are nothing compared to it. I have them to. and I am on meds for my MDD and its completely controled. Its just the nature of the phobia I think. Sometimes we feel if "it" happened right now we could handle it. Unfortunately it comes and goes. I wish I felt like I could handle it anytime....UGH! But I can't!

I don't mean this to sound mean or anything I promise. If you guys have any qestions about manic depression please feel free to ask.

Kris

I don't think you are manic either. I was that way all of the time!!! I think it is just sometimes we feel stronger than other times. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I dont think you are a manic. I get thatway sometimes to. I sent Sage a PM and wrote;

Sage; By the way I went to the dentist and I did it!! My nurse pract. came with me and I was so nervous I was shaking. They gave me a blanket I was shaking so badly. I worked myself into such a state, and in the end it wasn't that bad. Too bad I couldn't change my thinking about vomiting like I did with the dentist!!!.

I was shaking doing things and my mind was going nuts, and aftewards it wasn't as bad. I went again yesterday by myself took something to calm my belly and something else formy mind. I have2 more appt.'s left the last one is for 2 teeth to the be pulled I know I won't be alone for that one.

You know Sage's response to me was? YOU CAN!!!!

But the main thing is that I did it, I went. For changing my thinking about vomiting likeI did with the dentist. I am working on it!

There is an ending to this phobia we just have to find it and work hard with it.

thats what i am trying to do as well change my attitude about vvomiting and i know i can do it