Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default morning sickness

I used to think that all women were sick when pregnant, but when I was pregnant I did`nt v except for catching a sv at 10 weeks. my mother later told me that she was`nt sick when she was carrying me, & I`m wondering if this sort of thing is hereditary. I have heard that mothers who have sickness have healthier babies, that can`t be true as mine was born perfectly fine. I`m wondering why it is that some women have no sickness, while others have a really bad time with it.

Default Re: morning sickness

I have no idea as I've never been pregnant but I really hope and pray this is true for me when I do get pregnant. My mom never was sick with either me or my brother so I'd be thrilled to not get sick while pregnant

I was talking to my Mom the other day about this. She said she vomited twice while pregnant with my brother (her first baby). One time she drank a whole bottle of wine (before she knew she was pregnant) and another after she ate spagetti. She did not vomit while pregnant with me.
    I think if I could make it through a full pregnancy with vomiting just once or twice I would be ok with it. Of corse I would rather be vomit-free.

I don't think it's hereditary, from reading what some people have said on here. Also, one of my friend's mothers had the WORST morning sickness her doctor had ever seen, and my friend had none at all. Another friend had pretty bad morning sickness and her mother never had it at all. I think it depends on the pregnancy to be honest.

I had bad sickness with my daughter and horrendous sickness with my son, wanted to die!