Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Today I'm kicking it's ass!!

Today I've eaten food from a resturant AND I've eaten meat (Im a 'vegetarian', but just because of my fear of e.coli and things like that). Today I am kicking emetophobias ass! You should to!

This is NOT going to have control over my life. This is NOT who I am as a person. This cannot control me, not today!! I'm having a good-moment right now, just wanted to share it with you guys! Feeling strong for the first time in YEARS!

Hugs!

Default Re: Today I'm kicking it's ass!!

This is such an uplifting post (: A MASSIVE WELL DONE to you for eating out in a restaurant AND eating meat! I certainly take my hat of too you! That must have felt like an amazing achievement to you! Im so glad to hear this, you have popped a smile upon my face! You are living proof that we can kick emetophobias ass and live life to the full! x
    2010 && 2011 the years I met Gok Wan
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Lets slap Emet in the face. . .

Follow My Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw thank you so much! Yeah, Im pretty proud of myself today! :-D And earlier today I was at school, which I've avoided for 1 year because Im afraid to go outside, AND I even took the bus home!! :-D

WOW! That sounds like such AN AMAZING DAY and you are still here to tell the tale! *massive hugs* I too managed to go to College earlier on today, which I had avoided all last week! Plus you too the bus, which so many people go on every single day! I don't think I could manage that, I think I am going to re-think it, I mean you survived a bus ride, so I can survive a bus ride! WOAH you are such an inspiration, I cannot praise you enough! x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Yeah the bus-part was the biggest thing for me. I don't know why but it's just the feeling of being stuck there, at school I can at least leave, you know? I really think you should reconsider taking the bus. The feeling I have now is totally worth it. I didn't even panic on the bus. I was a little bit "shaky" but I never got fully on panicky. I am, ofc, a little bit nervous right now, but I am also so proud of myself for surviving it! My mother was supposed to pick me up but I called her saying I was thinking about taking the bus, and she almost cried cause she was so happy for me. That gave me the extra boost to go on the bus, together with my twin sister who goes to the same school as me.

It's great that you went to College!! That is quite the accomplishment as well! Everything you do that scares you just a little bit, challenge yourself, is a step in the right direction. You should take that good experience with you in your life. You survived, you didn't get sick, and you can ABSOLUTELY do it again!

Thank you so much for kind words, you made my day even better!

I really will consider taking the bus, i've wanted to go out shopping for such a long time and the best way to get their is by bus but obviously because of my emet, it's hard and my mum won't drive their as its so busy! So I think I will try going this week Thats so weird, I have a twin sister too (: Thank You so much, Im glad you liked my kind words, it was just so refreshing to see such an upbeat and positive post on here Really made me smile! I am gonna really try and go into College again tomorrow and reward myself with a day off on Wednesday, as wednesdays are my free days off college!

It just shows that if we really try, we can conquer our biggest fears! It also shows that we have let emet rule our lives for so long that it is time to fight back! KA-POW! X

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Yeah, its great to even be considering it, I think. A while ago the very THOUGHT of the bus freaked me out. Im still amazed that I actually sat on a bus for 40 min from my school to my house today. If I can do it so can you! And i promise, this feeling is great!

Ah, twin sisters are the best. She is the most important person in the world to me, I love her so much! There is no support like twin-support! Haha.

I know right! I mean I cant even remember the last time I went on the bus, I prefer trains! As long as I am with my anti bac, I feel a little more safer! Check your mail sweetie, I've mailed you back x

Your totally right, twins are awesome! x

Helena Bonham Carter <3

Follow My Blog

Congrats!!!! I love hearing when people gather up their courage and push through! I'm glad you're doing well, you must feel wonderful!

You may find these links helpful!

CONGRATS!!! Your post was so inspirational!!! How are you overcoming your anxiety??? That's the worst part for me...any suggestions???

Soooooo happy for you!!!! Way to go keep it up!
    Words to live by: "To worry is to suffer twice", "Trust experience over your thoughts", and the Golden Rule "What would I do if I wasn't afraid/ anxious".

Smile, it'll look better in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Amandakaye918 View Post
    CONGRATS!!! Your post was so inspirational!!! How are you overcoming your anxiety??? That's the worst part for me...any suggestions???
    How I overcome it when I can kinda feel it coming, is that what you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    How I overcome it when I can kinda feel it coming, is that what you mean?

Yeah, like I'll make a decision to kick emet's butt and then the anxiety kicks in and ends up making me feel "n*" and I have a panic attack. How are you overcoming the anxiety due to emet?