Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My boyfriend was v***g on Tuesday night, and as soon as I thought it was safe to leave my bedroom I went to my mum's for the night. When I got there I felt like maybe I had abandoned him, but my fear is so overwhelming that I just feel like I have to escape. I know I wouldn't have been able to sleep and I would have been anxious all night. So yes it was probably selfish but at this point Ihave to take care of my own safety. Sometimes I just feel like this relationship can be very one-sided because of me.

Anna

i dont think u shud feel guilty at all anna, after all if your boyfriend didnt understand he wud stick by you ) if u feel as tho u have abandonned him, maybe u shud cook him a nice meal or take him somewhere special, show him wat he means to u ) xxx
    \'I know it aint easy, but thats okay because we\'re hopeful....\' - Faith Evans

Anna - this whole phobia is selfish - it just cant be helped. If he really understands abt the emet then he will understand why u ran away. its ok - im sure he will understand if u just explain why!

ems x

I would have had to do the same thing, and Emma is right, this whole phobia is selfish. Everything we do and the ways we react are our of fear for ourselves. If we can control that reaction, we can get a hold on the phobia. I for one am not there yet and I know I act selfish; we don't go out to eat, we don't do much, don't travel, etc. and I know my husband would like to. I think all the time how things are affecting me, but again, it's the phobia. Don't feel guilty, it's not worth it to add that on to your other stresses. I'm sure if your boyfriend knows about your emet, he'll know you had to leave.

In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

i worry about the day that will happen to me....i think you did what you needed to do and your boyfriend will understand that...