Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up Conquering another fear...perhaps?

So I haven't been on for a while since I was so busy with school. Since my last episode of panic attacks in October, I've really decided to start praying and grab this thing by the horns. I'm so sick and tired of it. And since then I've:

1. Eaten out, and not just anywhere...a SUSHI place!
    2. Gone back to college, I have straight A's too. (never expected that)
    3. Slept without my anti-emet meds right by my bed
    -And slept in my own bed without the lights on or without someone there.
    4. Got off of all of my anxiety medicines.
    5. Gotten better at yoga.

My mother just recently suffered a very, very mild heart attack and has to get stenting done in a city two hours away and it'd be for a whole 2 days. She asked me to please stay home and take care of the dog because she's terrified of the dog getting hurt at the kennel. (moms huh?). This is the big one! I'm afraid of getting sick when no one is home with me in case of choking, passing out, or whatever. BUT...for my mother, I'm determined. I guess I just needed to get that out and say that yes I'm nervous about it. Any suggestions or wise words?
    Umm excuse me emet, this is MY life and YOU don't belong here, back the hell off. <--my new attitude.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Conquering another fear...perhaps?

Sounds like you've achieved a lot of great milestones!! I love going to sushi places - I'm vegan so I just eat veggie sushi, but it's still my husband and my favorite place for dinner. We check out all the restaurants in the area!

Personally, i LOVE being home alone! I do all sorts of things I can't do when my husband is home. When I was younger and lived with my parents, I'd throw fancy dinner parties for my friends and make like, five course meals and we'd have a blast. Now I cook myself something my husband wouldn't really enjoy (like something with heaps of mushrooms and olives!) and dance around the house to show tunes and watch chick flicks and documentaries. If he's gone overnight, I sprawl all over the bed with the cats and luxuriate in my space! It's tons of fun!
    "I'm not supposed to be like this, but it's okay" -- The Wrong Child, R.E.M.