Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I know im going to get over this phobia and i was curious how people who don't have this phobia deal with the situation when someone in their family/household gets a stomach bug...it seems like they usually hit everyone in the household....but that has never happened in my family...so i was just curious do they just accept that there gonna get sick and wait for it...?

With non- emet people, they just go about their daily lives, they do clean and disinfect cause of course they do not want to catch it either, but the difference with them is that they do not obsess like we all do. Nor do they panic and get terrified, but yes, I know non-emets who think " hope I dont catch it". I guess they treat is as trying to avoid getting a cold. I also dont know how they can deal with it also. Wish i could be brave like they are.

DITTO DITTO

You said it perfectly skinnyme.

Susie P

Perfect! Just what I was going to say. They don't want to get it, but they don't obsess over it.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Do they care if they do get it....it seems to me like its no biggee to them
    \"Some things I cannot change
    But till I try I\'ll never know
    Too long I\'ve been afraid\"

Aim/aol: baseballplaya123

like any other illness to me i couldnt care less if i got it i mean it wouldnt be fun to have but i could deal with it....i wish i was like that with the bug too...

its strange, if a bug is in my house(which is rare) my dad says "sure if i get it, i get it, itll be a couple of days off work anyway" DAMMIT!! why cant we all be like that, not caring. Imagine how different our lives could be![img]smileys/smilies_24.gif[/img]

yea thats what my friends say as well

My husband is like that, if I get it, I get it, no biggie. I wish I could think like that.

Interestingly.. iv found myself being unaffected by stomach viruses and such things going around now.
    I'm more inclined to take the " if i get it, i get it " approach, because there have been SO many incidents over the years where I have lost sleep, panicking that I would get some stomach ailment which would make me sick..and lo' and behold i never did.
    I think, for me..it's gotten to the point where I can appreciate how rare it would be, for someone like me to get a bug which would make me sick, therefore I don't worry about getting sick- life's too short.
    All i can say is, if there should be a bug of somesort going around your area, don't fight it. Act normally, otherwise you'll become paranoid at the very mention of illness..and to be quite honest, there's always some sort of bug going around!
    Don't let yourselves become too scared by the prospect of someone you know getting ill, the chances are slim, as for anyone else.

totally agree with skinnyme, When the flu is in my place I freak and clean like crazy. I think I could have the cleanest place in town!!! At least I am keeping Lysol in business!

ya no kidding, i clean like crazy all the time, my friends always say they could eat off my floors.

All of the non emets I know are the same as I am--Lysoling everything, bleaching, washing their hands. Only my husband isn't like that!!!

i clean door knobs, the one thing i usualy do, but havn't this year, is use paper towels in bathroom to dry hands instead of hand towels, i guess i just keep changing out the hand towels instead of using the paper this year.