Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Inspirational!

Thumbs up Inspirational!

This is kind of off topic, but I have to tell everyone about it. A few months ago I read a book, by a wonderful man called John Green. The book is called "Looking for Alaska" and is one of the most amazing, heartcatching books I've ever read. Just a little, beautiful outtake:

"Those awful things are survivable, because we are as indestructable as we believe ourselves to be. ... We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail."

I just have to tell you about this. If you like reading - get this book! If you have read it, share your opinion!! This book made me not thing about being n* every time I read it, hope it will do the same for you!! :-)

xx

Default Re: Inspirational!

I might have to try and get my hands on a copy! It seems really good. Thanks for the recommendation