Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I can't stand this anymore

Hi
    'Ive been suffering with emet for years and years. I have a son whos 22months and totally wonderful but this is going to sound completely awful now but it.s like im almost avoiding him now. Im so scared that he is going to catch a b** that im finding it so hard to be near him, i feel like im the worst mummy in the world. Its putting a huge strain on me and my partner i just need to sort this now before i loose my family x

Default Re: I can't stand this anymore

sorry you're having a tough time.....i won't be any help because i never had children........but there are tons of moms on here that i'm sure will give you some advice and hints to help you get through this........

the fact that you even were able to be pregnant and go through childbirth tell me that you are one strong woman
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I can't stand this anymore

I have 4 kids and I know how you feel. Any sign of sickness and I feel like hiding. My mom was a nurse and a total rock when we were sick and I stick a bowl in front of my kids or run to the toilet with them so I don't have to clean it up. I try rally hard not to make a big deal out of it because I'm almost afraid they'll catch this phobia somehow!! I try to just breath and relax and wash my hands constantly. I was thrown up on by my son at the movie theater so the movies are a stressful place for me. Also hospitals. I know how you feel you are not alone and you are not a bad mom at all.